Thread: So Dissapointed

Cool So Dissapointed

in all of you.... NO PICTURES!

These threads are useless with out pictures! Here I am, sitting in the Caribbean DREAMING about the trip to Breckenridge - wooo hooo, I leave next Monday! YEAH! And you have posted NO PICS of you all riding?

What is this coming to? What is wrong? Cameras broke? Get clicking, get attaching, get them up! Pump up my dream and antici======Pation!

Besides all that, sounds like you guys are having a blast. All the reports I am getting is that it is starting out to be a fantastic seasion!

Cant wait to get up there.

Lets see em!

CI

I'd post some pictures if I actually got out to ride... Maybe this week.. We'll see...

Anyway, have fun in Brek.. At least they have some good snow going on there. Things are a bit slow starting out here in Cali... Starting to seem like the Pacific Northwest with the next system coming in as rain on top of our first real good dump of snow just a couple days ago.. Oh well...

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="700"><tbody><tr><td class="fcst" valign="top" width="230">Tuesday December 20

Hi Temp: 34/ 42°F (top/base)
    Lo Temp: 29/ 32°F (top/base)

Sky Condition:
    Partly cloudy and milder with south/ southwest winds, and isolated rain/ high elevation snow showers possible in the morning. Clouds increase in the afternoon, with scattered to numerous rain and snow showers possible mainly in the evening through overnight. Showers could be heavy overnight.

Precipitation:
    Rain and high elevation snow showers by evening mainly - snowfall potential; 4 to 7 inches of snowfall accumulation is possible above 8,000 feet, with none below.

Wind:
    S/ SW at 5 - 15mph, increasing to SW at 15 - 25 gusts to 35mph

</td> <td width="9"> </td> <td class="fcst" valign="top" width="230"> Wednesday December 21

Hi Temp: 33/ 41°F (top/base)
    Lo Temp: 30/ 36°F (top/base)

Sky Condition:
    Mostly cloudy and cooler with south/ southwest winds, and isolated rain and higher elevation snow showers possible through the day, becoming scattered to numerous in the evening and overnight.

Precipitation:
    60% chance for rain and snow showers - snowfall potential; 2 to 4 inches of snowfall accumulation is possible above 8,500 to 9,000 feet.

Wind:
    S at 10 - 20 gusts to 25mph, increasing to S/ SW at 20 - 30 gusts to 40+mph

</td> <td width="9"> </td> <td class="fcst" valign="top" width="230"> Thursday December 22

Hi Temp: 35/ 44°F (top/base)
    Lo Temp: 29/ 31°F (top/base)

Sky Condition:
    Partly cloudy and milder with light breezes and humidity a bit high. Showers are possible overnight, with high snow levels again.

Precipitation:
    Scattered showers by evening and overnight, high snow levels near 8,500 feet - snowfall potential; 1 to 2 inches of snowfall is possible above 8,500 feet.

Wind:
    Variable at 3 - 10mph, increasing to W at 5 - 15mph

</td></tr></tbody></table>

To put things in perspective, base elevations for Squaw Valley is below 7000ft, as with most Tahoe resorts. My home resort of Kirkwood has a base of almost 8k, but it usually stays a little colder there some I'm crossing my fingers... Still, bring your raincoat out to go riding... wassup with that?
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Brazilian Whipping Boy

You'll be in Breck when?

Sure, come to my neck of the woods when I'm in Brazil!

Sorry bout the lack of pics...I've only actually made it up three times so far. Tranny blew on my fourth attempt this past Saturday.

Hope you have a great time and if you're still around Breck when we get back, perhaps DrB and I can come meet up w/ you for a run or drink.

T

We arrive on Dec 26 and leave on 5th Jan. If you, or anyone else is around we would be happy to hook up!

All the best to everyone for Christmas and the New Year!

CI

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Bummer

We won't be back in time to check you out.

Hope you have a great holiday, enjoy Breck, and hopefully the snow will be good.

T

here ya go

this was dec 10th. broke my wrist on dec 11th. snoow was ridiculously good here oover xmas / new years.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thumbs up Wooooo!

Well I have just got back to Barbados and what a time I had in Breck! Snowboarded every day from the 26th to the 4th, fantastic snow, great back bowls, did I say fantastic snow?

Also did Vail - wow! Back bowls again great! Not so fond of the cat-tracks, but hey, just access right? Keystone - nice! Copper - Not too shabby!

Man, all I can say is that if there is another year like what I have just experenced, give me a call! Love that top lift and the shoots down on Peak 7 into the Ore Bucket area! What lovley time!

Got loads of video etc and will post up some as soon as the wife - who has the camera and is now in Aspen and going to Jackson Hole (*******!) gets back.

Sorry that I did not see any of you out there, but I know that if you were you must have been having as good a time as I was!

CI

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Awesome!

Glad you had a great time and great snow! Wish we coulda met up, but alas I was learning how to samba.

Did you get a chance to check out the Imperial lift at Breck? They just put that up there this year. Peak 7's got some fun stuff as well.

T

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Broke your wrist?

dude, that sucks!

Sorry to hear about it man.

T

Yep, rode the Imperial Chair and did Peak 7, but a lot of the time it was in white out and not that much fun - although the snow was great! Had some nice rides coming down the ridge line from the top of Imperial and then going across the cat track above the shoots and droping down on that side!

WOO! HOO! Nice!

Need to go back, now!

CI