Prior Demo Tour Dates

Always hard to find a chance to demo other good boards, so thought I'd post this up in case folks are interested.

Prior, a nice little Whistler based Snowboard (and now skis too) company has posted up their schedule. They have the standard nice board, and a few Pow specials worth looking at. My fav is the Khyber. Similar to a Burton Mahalo, as it's a big nosed tappered tale board, sweet ride in pow and trees, but this one can really ride the hardpack well without washing out unlike other powder oriented boards. Spent at day on one last winter and loved it. Good progressive flex, stiff in the middle and tale, softer nose, but not bouncy. Worth taking for a spin if you get a chance. Nice freeride only board heavily leaning towards powder and the off-piste/backcountry...

http://www.priorsnowboards.com/demo_schedule.php
    Last edited by NoKnees; 12-15-2005 at 02:29 PM. Reason: can't type
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Dog. Why ya got to woof woof?

[ . My fav is the Khyber. Good progressive flex, stiff in the middle and tale, softer nose, but not bouncy. Worth taking for a spin if you get a chance. Nice freeride only board heavily leaning towards powder and the off-piste/backcountry...

Is it anything like the Timeless? They've finally changed their direction as far as slant wall opposed to cap. I've wasted two of their boards but am now ready to invest. Sir-would you like your Ferrari now or later. Just too damn bad they can't make an edge that goes over rocks and debris. Khyber. Better serve a 6oz with that off piste destroyer.

lol... well, the Timeless is a little better all-arounder... The Khyber rales pretty well on hardpack, but it's definitely more directional than your avereage freeride board and the softer nose will get old if all you do is ride firm old snow and don't get out into the pow much... I can't quite give it all the faith of a single board for all conditions, but it's not bad... Just don't expect to get much good park action with it, although it does ride switch okay...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"