Binding "Capstraps" (?)

Alright, my real question is whether or not capstraps fit with any bindings, in particular, Salomon SP3's. Any help would be appreciated. I will continue to research
    Last edited by Odlose; 12-14-2005 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Different Post.

It may depend on which company's you get, Technine or Burton, as some of the complete ones are made for slot wall baseplate attaching such as Burton's. In reality you don'r even need them as one can simply put their standard toe strap at a 45 degree angle over the front lip of their boot. This is where they were devised from as many riders have ridden this way(and still do) for years. Many comapnies now offer a universal toe strap that can be worn normally or over the boot front lip. This offers the user a choice and doesn't infringe on the Technine/Burton patenting. I prefer this type of strap.
    MARK

I tried that but found that if I fell they would go over my foot and it led to a day of discomfort. So the Burton's won't work I gather?

http://wrightlife.com/site/store/pro...indings/strap/

Those are baltimore toe straps which are found (I'm almost positive) on Technines. Do you think they would work with Salomon SP3s?

Those T9s do not mount via slot wall, but rather traditional bolts. If your Salomon's toe straps mount via bolts( they do if I recall correctly) then it likely will work fine. Also, most other companies are making a hybrid strap that can be worn over top or at an angle(check out any mid-priced or higher Ride as an example). If tightened hard enough a standard toe strap generally won't budge either if it's at the best angle.
    MARK