A question for all

.. in dedication of the list of questions that once graced the old passion board.

If your were to get a part in a snowboarding movie, and were granted the right to choose the music it would be montaged onto, what track would you choose? Which music would suit your riding? (Or which music do you think your riding should fit?) Just one track.

I'd go for Aphex Twin, Polynominal-C, and the segment would be crazy powder and pipe riding.

Curious what your favourites would be...
    ( We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing ~Shaw )

Have a look at my
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mine would be "Redemption Song" by Bob Marley, and the segment would be me riding up the Whistler gondie smoking a big spliff...

ok, maybe not

Probably some Kruder & Dorfmeister downtempo track with me tearing up a big pow field

Hmmm.. Since Canuck grabbed my K&D thoughts (Thinking Bug Powder myself) to some big powder and tree riding... My second choice is Crystal Method "Mad Skillz"(Mic Check) and all my best crashes...

I'll reply again when I actually take time to think about it... Now I'm off to the DMV to practice waiting in lines...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

"Cough Syrup"

Old Butthole Surfers tune. "Lifestyle" footage of me and my friends late-night shopping at the Mammoth supermarket, which is a weird, WEIRD scene. Perhaps too cinema-verite (boring) for the youth market, though. Maybe just some footage of SUVs going sideways on the ice. Dunno.

you and your butthole surfers!!

um,

er,

Do jellyfish have sphincters?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    you and your butthole surfers!!

um,

er,
    Couldn't tell from your avatar.

Depends on the terrain

For powder runs I like mellowness with groove and fluidity, like St. Germain's Sure Thing, or a bassy thick as molasses Me'shell Ndegeocello, but for terrain park stuff, I dig more aggro tunes, ProBot in the headphones is sounding pretty envigorating right now.
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    Hmmm.. Since Canuck grabbed my K&D thoughts (Thinking Bug Powder myself) to some big powder and tree riding... My second choice is Crystal Method "Mad Skillz"(Mic Check) and all my best crashes...

I'll reply again when I actually take time to think about it... Now I'm off to the DMV to practice waiting in lines...
    I was thinking Frankie Goes to Wood,you know the song..."relax don't do it" .The whole part would be of NK sitting on top of chute or a cliff,not actually riding just standing there.

For me I was thinking Black Happy with my whole part being in super slowmotion with all the landings edited out.Or I'll just film someone else & say it's me.

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    This song makes the trip so much more bearable: Primus - DMV

I've been to hell. I spell it...I spell it DMV
    Anyone that's been there knows precisely what I mean
    Stood there and I've waited and choked back the urge to scream
    And if I had my druthers I'd screw a chimpanzee
    Call it pointless...

When I need relief I spell it THC
    Perhpas you may know vaguely what I mean
    I sit back and smoke away huge chunks of memory
    As I slowly inflict upon myself a full lobotomy
    Call it pointless...

Barbecues, tea kettles, gobs of axle grease
    There comes a time for every man to sail the seas of cheese
    Now, life's a bowl of bagel dogs, but there are unpleasantries
    Cold toilet seats, dentist chairs and trips to DMV
    Call it pointless...

I've been to hell. I spell it...I spell it DMV
    Anyone that's been there knows precisely what I mean
    I've stood in line and waited near an hour and fifteen
    And if I had my druthers I'd screw that chimpanzee
    Call it pointless...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ah the memories... Gotta love good'ol Primus... A great local talent from my area... Yah, should have blasted that song while I was there. My wait was closer to 2 hours though... They got lucky at an hour fifteen...

And E, I like that choice for me... It makes sense... It'll have great video footage from the top of all the chutes and cliffs I choose not to ride... I think you're on to something..
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

You guys should become Nevadidians

I registered to vote,got my license,plates & regist. in under a 1/2 hour.Plus you can play the slots while you wait at the DMV.Well NJ I might be doing some work here soon,actually not here,but warshington & northern michigan.

That's my idea of a good system... I think the CA DMV goes out of their way to keep you there as long as they can. The bathrooms are even locked and you need to get a security guard to come and open them up for you.

As for werk? Well, guess you have to pay bills too... Doesn't look like you'll be missing any major dumps anytime soon... But ya never know. If you leave town it'll prob snow again. Worked last time..

I'm actually doing some work today as well. Part time stuff for my cuz... Gotta pay for these stupid habits of mine. Just noticed I put 3000 miles on my car in the last month with the trips to tahoe and the likes. At least I did that before the gas prices got too jacked..

Anyway, off to pay the bills.
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Neomaxi Zoomdweebie Reverend SC's Avatar
    For me, it would probably be "The Warmth" by Incubus in a big mountain shot.

Of course, I'd probably fall, get stuck, then it would have to switch to "In Too Deep" by Sum 41...
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hmm I think I'd like some guitar-heavy 80s rock because that's *still* what gets me all riled up, or maybe "Now or Never" by Dope or something by Elastica or Bif Naked for kick-ass chick tunes.

The segment? I want to be the one doing backflips on a snowmobile or jumping over flaming objects during the "drunken chaos" scene. I guess if it had to be snowboarding specific, some back country stuff would be cool if I could actually ride it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend SC
    For me, it would probably be "The Warmth" by Incubus in a big mountain shot.
    good pick. just about anything from SCIENCE or Make Yourself would be great. I spent an entire season listening mostly to that on my minidisc while boarding. now everytime i listen to it i now it reminds me of the german part of switzerland.

my pick would have to be something heavy, old, and classic. how about pink floyd's "one of these days" from the meddle album. a big mountain descent, lots of speed and slow-mo shots bashing the pow, culminating in out-running (or not) a huge avalanche during the fade out sequence. then again if it is to reflect reality, something more like they might be giants' "particle man" while leisurely carving down a blue run.

ah the age old question...

I asked this question years ago on the mountain bike passion segment of these boards. was a feature for a while. always a good question!

back then I put "Follow the Leader" by Eric B and Rakim as my choice. Still think that would rock.

just yesterday I was thinking about this and thought it would be cool to do a segment to Portishead. Black and white, grainy, slow, artsy, blurry.

another good one, would be the Meatmen song, I think it's called John Wayne? starts with the dude saying " Next time you see someone with a rebel flag hat on, driving a thirty-foot tall pickup, listening to Molly Hatchet. Walk up to him, grab him by the fvcking shirt and say "Oh! I get it! You're a redneck! You're wife and sister are the same person. Eat sh!t and die dirtbag!" and then run real fast...." Then is goes into a punk redneck bashing song.

-mht

How about...

Tinker's Punishment, a local Denver band.

http://www.area93.com/media/listen.a...ment_holly.wma
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.