Thread: Recommendations

Recommendations

Ok, I am going to Vail for New Years. I have never ridden anywhere except on the East. Mostly ice conditions. I am currently riding a K2 Recon Riser 161 and I mainly freeride. I am thinking about getting a new board that can take out west maybe a K2 Ambush. Anyway, what do you guys/gals recommend for a board, size, board setup? What conditions can I expect in late December?

Weight: 190 lbs
    Style: All mountain/Freeride
    Intermediate to advanced on the east, in Colorado.....I guess I will find out
    Boot: 10.5

Quote Originally Posted by TRM
    Ok, I am going to Vail for New Years. I have never ridden anywhere except on the East. Mostly ice conditions. I am currently riding a K2 Recon Riser 161 and I mainly freeride. I am thinking about getting a new board that can take out west maybe a K2 Ambush. Anyway, what do you guys/gals recommend for a board, size, board setup? What conditions can I expect in late December?

Weight: 190 lbs
    Style: All mountain/Freeride
    Intermediate to advanced on the east, in Colorado.....I guess I will find out
    Boot: 10.5
    I'm about your weight and I used to ride the 164, I think this year it's a 166, you could ride that one easy. No way to predict the conditions, your recon riser might just work fine.

I would stick w/ the K2 recon riser if you intend to freeride.