Thread: openings

openings

So Blackcomb is opening this coming weekend, and Baker probably next Tuesday.....ho hum.......

UPDATED TUE. NOV. 1 at 2:30 PM: OKAY. . . .HERE IS THE NEWS! WE HAVE SET AN EXPECTED OPENING DAY OF NEXT TUESDAY OR WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 8TH OR 9TH. THIS COULD BE THE EARLIEST OPENING IN OVER A DECADE.

IT IS CURRENTLY 32 DEGREES AND SNOWING UP ON THE MOUNTAIN. WE HAVE 24 INCHES AT HEATHER MEADOWS, WITH 36 AT MIDMOUNTAIN AND OVER 40 INCHES ON TOP OF PAN DOME. THE GROOMERS HAVE BEEN OUT ON THE MOUNTAIN AND THINGS ARE LOOKING GOOD, BUT WE ARE STILLLL LOOKING FOR A LITTLE BETTER COVERAGE BEFORE WE FEEL WE CAN OPEN WITH GOOD CONDITIONS.

FORECASTS ARE CALLING FOR BETWEEN 3 TO 4 FEET OF NEW SNOW BETWEEN NOW AND NEXT TUESDAY AND WE ARE HOPING THAT WITH THIS ADDITIONAL SNOWFALL WE WILL BE ABLE TO OPEN AS MANY LIFTS AS POSSIBLE ON NEXT TUESDAY OR WEDNESDAY.

NOW, WE KNOW YOU ARE ALL ANXIOUS TO GET ON THE MOUNTAIN, BUT WE WANT TO MAKE SURE WE HAVE A GREAT OPENING DAY FOR YOU WITH LOTS OF SNOW!

FOR THOSE OF YOU STILL LOOKING TO GET YOUR SEASON PASS IN THE INTEREST OF BEST BEING ABLE TO TAKE CARE OF MANY OF THOSE OF YOU WHO HAD PASSES LAST YEAR AND HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THE NEW DEADLINE, WE WOULD REEEEEEALLY APPRECIATE IT IF (AS OF TOMORROW NOV 2ND) YOU WOULD PURCHASE YOUR PASS ON-LINE ON OUR WEBSITE AND THEN COME TO OUR BUSINESS OFFICE IN BELLINGHAM TO GET YOUR PASS MADE.

THE BUSINESS OFFICE WILL HAVE EXTENDED HOURS THIS WEDNESDAY THROUGH FRIDAY FROM 8:00AM TO 5:30 AND THE BUSINESS OFFICE ONLY WILL ALSO BE OPEN THIS SATURDAY AND SUNDAY THE 5TH AND 6TH FROM 10:00-5:00. YOU CAN ALSO HAVE YOUR PASS MADE ON THE MOUNTAIN ONCE THE SKI AREA OPENS, BUT WE WOULDN’T WANT YOU MISSING ANY POWDER TURNS WAITING OR YOU PHOTO, SO IF YOU CAN MAKE IT TO THE OFFICE – THAT WOULD BE GOOD.

Nice... Looking just a weeee bit better than last year, eh? Still waiting for any snow to stick down at the base of our Tahoe resorts. Should start falling today again, but it's still in inches instead of feet. Waiting for that first dump of the season to get things going..

Anyway, this year I'll be jealous of your snow and wishing I had a B.C. boarding trip planned... Oh well...

Get out and enjoy it after the next 3-4 feet fall, ya bum...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Geez, you'd think you'd have learned how to do a heelside turn by now Ripz??

-who loves ya?

Nice Ripz... Riding hardpack still beats what we have in Tahoe right now... Way to get out there..
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Looks like...

mid-season snow already.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

heh, i was trying to throw a little spray for the camera. nice first day, felt good to strap in again. looking forward to the season and getting out there on my new splitboard.

what the prognosis for the PNW this year? should i consider a whistler trip this year?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot
    heh, i was trying to throw a little spray for the camera. nice first day, felt good to strap in again. looking forward to the season and getting out there on my new splitboard.

what the prognosis for the PNW this year? should i consider a whistler trip this year?
    You should always consider a trip to the PNW & Whistler is a great spot to do it. Nice pics, I was at Solden & Hintertux this month. Quite a bit of glacier areas were open & the new snow was a bonus. Sort of got some wet powder turns at Hintertux.
    e

Nice Ripz.... I can still go mountain biking at my home resort... Season snowfall is almost 12", although most has melted off... This last system has been a bust... No hope in the future... Time to start saving for a roadtrip if I want to get out before Christmas I think..
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

do not look here then...

http://www.mtbaker.us/snowreport/index.html

I warned you...