Brazilian Whipping Boy

RobotFood = Lame?

So I'm finally starting to get the jones on, went to a local shop to pick up RobotFood's latest video and couldn't find it. Asked some dude working there and he said they broke up? I'm totally bummed as I really loved their videos. They did a great job of making the videos fun. Anyway, I'm off to AC's site to finally order the latest offering from them. I also picked up Absinthe's latest and watched the first 15 minutes or so. Kinda disappointed. Seems like they're doing stuff that's already been done a lot in other vids.

Anyone have any recommendations for good big mountain stuff in addition to some park stuff?

Danka.

T

Hmm... Yah, I didn't see anything new from Robotfood.. I have both Lame and Afterbang and enjoyed those... Was there a third one last season?

As for Absinthe, I was about to order their new one, Futureproof, as I liked the trailer for it, and have always liked their other films. Vivid, Pop, and um, what'ev their one three years ago was.. I do hate thier little artsy pieces, but other than that... Hmm, so, the new one is kinda blah? Bummer...

I don't have any other recomendations yet, but will be going throughs some other trailers over the next few days before I place some orders... The trailer for Standard's new film looked, um, standard.. Same with Mack Dawgs. I'll probably pick up a TGR film again this year as they always have some great big mountain mixes of ski and boarding... Jeromy Jones usually rides with those guys and, well, he's a big mountain stud.... 'nuf said...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

I saw both MacDawg's & Standard's flick. Both good, but I prefer Standard's flick, more freeriding, but too much Jeremy Jones. Sorry, but I can't stand watching somebody slideslip & only take small cliffs. He does have a couple of good lines, but I rather see Johan, Terje or Goodwill ride anyday. I guess Burton isn't sponsoring their flick next year, so it will be interesting to see what they do. My pick is Standard's flick.

AC's flick is good, I liked it quite a bit, quite a bit of pow, good drops & lines. I liked the movie better the 2nd time I saw it. Hard to explain, but it's fun to watch & there is some really great riding. Where most other flicks super slow mo everything, gets a little old sometimes.

Well back to work, when's winter again?
    wE todd

obviously you've never seen me sideslip....I'm really good doing this in moguls...

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Re-watched Absinthe's first half hour...

Gigi Ruf's part is pretty solid. He creates all sorts of slab avvies in his big mountain stuff, but does some stuff that makes a mere mortal such as myself say...I could do that if I had tons of sponsors, rode 360 days a year and didn't have a bum knee. Otherwise there was a lot of jump sequences taken from the same angle, the typical "artsy part" with a song that actually did put me to sleep, and some jumps between trees that didn't seem to work out too well.

Looking forward to getting AC's vid. FirstTracks has been getting better and better each year and seem to accomplish the "fun factor" better than any of the vids I typically get that I liked so much in RobotFood.

The guy at the store said Paradox or something along those lines for a title was a good big mountain video, but they were out.

T

I've seen Paradox, Futureproof, From ____, with Love, and The Big Blind. Liked them all. I need to order AC's. I think I emailed you Tbone a little while ago about CO, but haven't heard back. Then again, I may have imagined it.
    MARK

Brazilian Whipping Boy

I'm actually a bonehead

Quote Originally Posted by MARK
    I've seen Paradox, Futureproof, From ____, with Love, and The Big Blind. Liked them all. I need to order AC's. I think I emailed you Tbone a little while ago about CO, but haven't heard back. Then again, I may have imagined it.
    You did write me. I'm very good at reading people's emails, thinking I'll reply later when I'm at home cause I'm busy at work right now, (too busy to reply but not busy enough to not read) then I get a bunch of emails that night and never login, check in the morning and forget to respond.

Anway, I have now responded! ;) Sorry bout that man.

T