Thread: Wassup!

Wassup!

Just poking my head in briefly. Been swamped with work/life, etc... Dreaming of snow right now, but a few thousand miles from the nearest signs of it. Off on a business trip eating too much, working too much, and not getting enough done... Hmm... Anyway, the local sites:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

The locals don't look like...

they ride. Where you at?
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Cows are money!

Dude, where you be? I'm in New Jersey!

T

Life's catchin' up with ya, huh?

Hey, that looks like India to me!

In any case, you are not in California anymore, Toto. Are you having fun? Tell more!

Hope you find comfort knowing, that you'll get snow way before I do. ;)

Surfing however, is goooooood...
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

The surf does look good there. I'm not even that close to the ocean right now either. Oh well...

And you got it Canaria, 'tis India.. guess the cow was a bit of a give away..

Working with my support team that is located over here in Bangalore, India. Luckily it's quite a few miles south east of the where the earth has been shaking in this part of the world...

It's quite an experience... Great food, friendly people, and the weather isn't too bad, other than a bit of rain. Population density is pretty extreme though and the infrastructure is definitely not in place to handle the big IT boom going on here. They need a few years to catch up in the cities. In the meantime it's rough seeing the extreme difference between the "haves " and the "have nots".

Well, gotta get back to the grind... Couple more photos, but I really haven't had a chance to take many yet with work getting in the way of my free time.. How dare they...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Holy cow!

Seriously cool work assignment, NoGhee!

Love that blinged-out bus. To hell with visibility: windshield tinsel is festive!

Keep us posted with more photos.

Holy cow is right...

"If you do not take the vow, you can eat the sacred cow." I thought I'd bust out the BG lyric for Canuck's sake.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

awwwww...that's so sweet!

Got out of the office.....

And actually took in some of the sites outside of the city, and got a day off from the rain rain finaly... Spent so much time driving though, got a nice truckers tan on my left arm from it hanging out the window in the wind...

Highlights: Saw first monkeys just chillin next to the road.
    Lowlights: Hiked up 650+ steps to see a nice shrine/statue only to find out I could have paid less than $3 to have a bunch of guys cary me up... On the way down a little girl showed how it's really done...

Kitty kitty took a close-up look at our toor bus on a little safari drive through zoo... Saw lions and tigers and bears, oh my!
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

so um, what the heck are you doing there again? This is some work thing?!
    er, ya....

yah it's work.... but...

Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    so um, what the heck are you doing there again? This is some work thing?!
    er, ya....
    They do have weekends here in India... Just making use of the time I have here. Working AP through early NA hours during the week makes Greg a dull boy... Needed to get out...

Anyway, I learned about business trips from you. Gone fly fishing lately?

Mmm... Breakfast... Masala Dosa...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Smile Some work/vacation eh No Knees

Damn good pics! Looks like life has been really tough lately being in India and all.
    Are you gonna be back in Tahoe in early December? My girlfriend and i are planning on going snowboarding. We will be staying on the SouthShore but want to travel to Kirkwood,Heavenly, and possibly to the Northshore to Squaw. If we have time we might try to hit up more places. I believe we will be there for about 5 days. Any recommendations to check out while in Tahoe?

Martin

If you bring me back some hamburgers then I'll bring you some schnitzl mit kartoffeln, uhmm schmeckt gut! That does look like an incredible business trip, sure you have plenty of not so fun work, but Indiana is a great country to see. Are you back in the states now?
    later,
    E wrek shun

2 days to go...

Sup E.. Still here in India. Getting tired of the long days trying to work multiple timezones but still having a good time... Can't wait to get home though... I actually did see beef on the menu of one place, but other than that, not too many hamburgers around here. Plenty of cowboy music though... weird...

Martin, que pasa? I'll be around in December, and if there is enough snow in Tahoe, I'll be there. Bit of an if, but I'm hopefull. Let me know when exactly you are in the area and I'll try to make an effort to get up there and at least show ya 'round Kirkwood, as that's basically my home mountain up there. It's about 45 minutes out of South Lake. Might be able to swing a day at Heavenly too, but that'll require an overnight trip and some good snow to make it worth my while. Heavenly has to work a bit harder to get the nice snow that the rest of the Tahoe places get, but if it's a cold enough month, shouldn't be an issue.

If you get over to the northshore, the places to hit are definitely Squaw and Alpine. Squaw for the size and variety, Alpine for the terrain and better atmosphere... Love Alpine, like Squaw...

Things to keep in mind though, if it's dumpin snow, or just dumped, you won't be able to get over there easily... Couple hour detour... If it's dumpin, stay at Heavenly or try for Kirkwood, but have to check that road for that.

Anyway, don't be a stranger... Would be good to hang with the snowboard mogul champ... I still remember the run I did on you 'ol Salomon 450 at whistler... Short, dead, no fun on a pow day... I felt bad for ya... But not bad enough to let you keep my board for another run... ;)
    Last edited by NoKnees; 10-19-2005 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Added Photos
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Monkey Business

Dang NoKnees, that certainly beats working at the office!

Looks like you are enjoying your time there, getting the most out of the experience.

Thanks for sharing the photos, the bus decorations crack me up!
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

Yep, wish all business trips were that cool... Anyway, I'm home now, still laggin a bit, but made it back alive...

As a fitting end to my trip I developed some sort of minor infection under a tiny scrape on my elbow I got while there. Wasn't a problem until I hopped on the first of my two, 10 hour flights to get back home... By the time I landed 20 hours later I had a golfball sized lump on my elbow with a good amount of pain to go with it. Straight trip from the airport to the emergency room for a tetnus booster shot and a 4 dose a day for 7 day round of antibiotics to kill it off... Good times!

Anyway, last pic and a funny story to go with it... So, I'm on this little safari bus trip thing in the animal park down there. There were a couple little girls behind me watching me try to take pictures of the lions outside the bus. Thought I'd be clever and take a picture of one of the little girls who was entertained by the digital camera. So, I take a picture and show it to her, and her sister sees the camera with the picture of her sister on it. The one sister proceeds to start beating the other sister who I took a picture of to see if it shows up on the camera. I took a picture again, showed it to them, and then the one sister started beating the other again. Tried a third time with same result... I'm guessing she thought it was some sort of mirror and was lookting to see her actions reflected. I felt bad for the one sister getting beaten so I stopped taking pictures of them and hid the camera from their view for the rest of the trip... Last shot after a few beat-downs...
    Last edited by NoKnees; 10-24-2005 at 03:30 PM. Reason: typos
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Great pic, think she has the scarf tied to tightly around her head. Maybe she's a Knot Head. Sorry, had to say it. I just got back yesterday evening also, guess my trip home was better than yours & that's good.
    later,
    indEa

cool pics

thanks for sharing the pics - looks like a really interesting trip. i bet you are exhausted now...i mean biz trips are tiring anyway, but when you add in traveling to another hemisphere and such, it can really wear you out!

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    Yep, wish all business trips were that cool... Anyway, I'm home now, still laggin a bit, but made it back alive...

As a fitting end to my trip I developed some sort of minor infection under a tiny scrape on my elbow I got while there. Wasn't a problem until I hopped on the first of my two, 10 hour flights to get back home... By the time I landed 20 hours later I had a golfball sized lump on my elbow with a good amount of pain to go with it. Straight trip from the airport to the emergency room for a tetnus booster shot and a 4 dose a day for 7 day round of antibiotics to kill it off... Good times!

Anyway, last pic and a funny story to go with it... So, I'm on this little safari bus trip thing in the animal park down there. There were a couple little girls behind me watching me try to take pictures of the lions outside the bus. Thought I'd be clever and take a picture of one of the little girls who was entertained by the digital camera. So, I take a picture and show it to her, and her sister sees the camera with the picture of her sister on it. The one sister proceeds to start beating the other sister who I took a picture of to see if it shows up on the camera. I took a picture again, showed it to them, and then the one sister started beating the other again. Tried a third time with same result... I'm guessing she thought it was some sort of mirror and was lookting to see her actions reflected. I felt bad for the one sister getting beaten so I stopped taking pictures of them and hid the camera from their view for the rest of the trip... Last shot after a few beat-downs...

Hey Twinks! Long time no see... Well, never seen, but you know.. ;) Sorry I didn't say howdy in the other thread but with everyone thinking of you in bed it seemd a bit crowded over there..

Yah, definitely wiped me out, but well worth it. Quite glad I don't do that on a regular basis though as it'd get old real quick. Nothing like being home in my own bed, even if I do have to make it myself now... Where's room service when ya need it...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

I've seen her!!!!

rrrrrrrooowwwlllllll.......

(that's supposed to be like a cat or something making a "damn she's hot" noise)

I'm probably visiting India with my pops next summer.. i haven't been since I was 5!

Too bad about the elbow.

I've been taking antibiotics for a tooth infection. Sucks to have any pain in the body. At my age it seems to be recurring all the time in some form or another. Yeah, I'll have a hotel room whenever we come up to South Lake. You are welcome to stay the night if you don't feel like traveling back. It will be great to see all the West Coasters and the scene out there. Colorado is very cool but it should be a nice change. I'm ready to ride some cement. lol.Should be flying in on the 4th and staying til the 9th. Still need to get the airline tix though. Can't wait! Yeah you had the sweet ride at Whistler. The 168cm Timeless. I broke my 161 Timeless. Gave the Salomon away. I'm riding a Nitro now. I sure wished i could find another timeless but at a better price. They are so expensive.