Brazilian Whipping Boy

Remember Shredd?

Ran into him the other day at a mud volleyball tournament, of all places. He said he's gonna try to get online and drop a line.

He's doing well, lived up in the hills last year dialing in his 5's.

T

If you have ever met Shred, you will never forget him. Definitely a fun character. Glad to hear he's still living up to his name...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Are we referring to Martin? On that note, any word on Kevin Fattor(right)? I know that he was going through some isues a good while back.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    MARK

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Yep, Martin or as we lovingly refer to him: Martini

And correct on Kevin Fattor as well.

He's engaged, getting married in October to a non-snowboarder. He didn't get up more than a day or two last year, and I would expect that trend to continue this year. Hopefully not, but...we'll see.

T

Old Skool?
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK
    Are we referring to Martin? On that note, any word on Kevin Fattor(right)? I know that he was going through some isues a good while back.
    I remember that, I think. That was up in Whistler right? How long ago was that? I feel old not remembering when that happened, deffiently fun times.

Old Skool?
    Yeah, Whistler 2002. Remember we drove from Marina's house at the crack of dawn to Baker, rode 'til 2pm there, then drove all the way up to Whistler and arrived at about 8:30pm.
    Yeah and I remember how awesome the powder was and how CERTAIN east coasters had problems with the lack of ice. Ahhh the good old days. I also remember when the boards here actually had lots of people talking and well... weren't dead. It all went down hill when Capm stopped working here.

Yeah, Whistler 2002. Remember we drove from Marina's house at the crack of dawn to Baker, rode 'til 2pm there, then drove all the way up to Whistler and arrived at about 8:30pm.
    MARK

Old Skool?
    That was one of my best weekends of boarding ever. So much great snow and fun people. Well and then the crazy white out up top but I can forget about that.

Strange that I haven't ridden with that certain rider in a couple of years at least. Neither mountainboarding nor nowboarding. Oh well, I go through riding partners like milk anyway...

Here's a pic from those days:
    Martin_Greg_Nick_Kevin_Jerel_Marina_Ron_Mark
    MARK

Shouldn't you be asleep right now?
    MARK

Old Skool?
    I fell asleep right after my last post So how have you been Mark? I just went mountainboarding the other day and thought of you. And then I thought of how all of you are better mountainboarders, guess I just need to go out and do it more.

Well, I haven't mountianboarded as much this year as normal, but I'm hitting up Wisp Resort this Saturday with a gang of seven or so others. $20 gets you an all day lift pass and access to the whole mountain. I built a dbx course in the woods for a local camp and also have been doing some boarding where you hold a shortened wakeboard rope which is attached to a vehicle. First tried it a few years ago and it's a break from the norm. Pretty fun, but more so on pavement than grass. I have a 15 foot trampoline as well for flip and spin practicing. I use a Razor deck with the bottom covered in self adhesive foam for my tramp board.
    MARK

Old Skool?
    Nice, I have mostly been sticking to snowboarding. I went skating a few times a week or two ago and I think that its just too hard on my knee. Mountainboarding is ok on it but I hate riding alone and I dont really know anyone out here who rides. I also am still a little scared to go heelside, I am afraid that my feet will slide out of the bindings.

Shredds not dead just reincarnated!

Shredd needed a new identity so snowfool came into play. Those pics make some happy tears come to my eyes. The memories of Whistler and Baker are so awesome. Every minute of that trip was so incredible. Everyone that was there can probably honestly say it was surreal. Good timing i guess. The night life was awesome and the snow seemed to be bottomless on about every turn. I just wished i was a better snowboarder at the time. If i would of known now what i didn't then? Huckfest would of surely followed. Sorry its been so long since i posted. Alot of things have changed in my life. It's great to be back and know i wasn't forgotten.

Martin! Good to hear that all is well on your end. Where exactly are you located now? I plan on this season being big for me as I travel a little more and re-visit with past friends around the country. This year I fully plan on hitting up CO after I bailed on it last season. My loose plan right now would be to fly into the CO Springs area to meet up with the mountainboarding pioneers there for a couple of days and move on after that to meet up with some of the peeps from this board.
    MARK

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Shoot me a PM...

with your itinerary man. It'd be fun to make some turns with you and perhaps share in a cocktail or two.

T

Wink Aww... my beloved livingroom squatters

That was a f'in awesome trip indeed, so much powder, such a good company!

Mr. Martini (shaken or stirred?), it's great to hear you are still shredding, let's see how far you've come!

Hey Nick, isn't your B-day this weekend? Felicidades, man! ...is it finally legal for you to go to clubs and check out concerts?

Mark, will you be in the PacNW around Xmas? I know Canuck is already planning on meeting me for some boarding then, if the conditions allow (please, not another season like last!). Calling all NW'erns: Nick, Sarah, Chapell, E, AC, Luna (and those further who don't mind putting the mileage), put your hands in the air! (ok, but dont flap'em when you huck, 'cause that just looks wack)

Peas!
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

Howdy SBR!

Quote Originally Posted by TBone
    And correct on Kevin Fattor as well.

He's engaged, getting married in October to a non-snowboarder. He didn't get up more than a day or two last year, and I would expect that trend to continue this year. Hopefully not, but...we'll see.

T
    Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to drop by and see who's around. Happy to see that my name came up not-too-long ago. Man, Whistler was such an awesome time! So was Frederick, Maryland, Mark ... just subtly different. :-)

So, I'm getting married on Friday! It's true, she's a non-snowboarder. We were close to getting passes for the year, but we'll end up blowing the last of our money on the honeymoon instead.

Canaria -- we're going to Spain! Only 10 days, but it should be really cool. Sevilla, Ronda and Granada. Never been. Can't wait!

Hope everyone is doing great. Greg, Nick, Mark, and of course T -- Happy to see that the gang is still intact.

Big Love,

- Kev.

- Kev.

Old Skool?
    Congratulations man. Hope you have some fun in Spain and hope you get some snow time this year.

-Nick

Great to hear ya Kev... Definitely a good time was had back then... Congrats on the marriage thang... Pulled the trigger a little over a year ago now myself and have no regrets... Well, I have no regrets, can't speak for my better half....

Have a good time in Spain and take it easy... Or any way you can get it...
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

Hey, Marina. UnfortunatelyI will not be in that neck of the woods then. Who knows though, you may find me roaming near the Canary Islands in the future
    MARK

Good to hear all is well Kev. Here's a pic of your atb skills on display. Can I make a pic look unrealistically dangerous or what?
    MARK

Good to hear all is well Kev. Here's a pic of your atb skills on display. Can I make a pic look unrealistically dangerous or what?
    Mark, you have a gift :-)