Thread: :)

:)

Hi

How is everyone? Good I hope!

It has been a very long three years, but I am back amongst the living. Very long story short... I am half way to my Associates Degree in Criminal Justice, I am an International Honors student. I am also on the National Dean's List. (That's just NUTS)

A little over two weeks ago, I was called by Michaels (large art's & crafts store chain) to come in for an interview. I didn't even apply there! They had seen my resume on my college's web site. I am now working for them as a safety/security associate at their regional distribution warehouse. Yes! A REAL job. I can't believe I am making more money and having fun at the same time. The employees are all HAPPY! Go figure. I play ping-pong with my boss. I have many important responsibilities, and people respect me. My luck has finally turned it appears.

When I am not at work, class, or studying, I have just enough time left for another awesome job. It is a volunteer job however. I am a certified Search & Rescue Tech. with my County's Emergency Management Agency. After a lot of training, I graduated in June. We have regular monthly training, usually on the weekends. It's a blast! For the most part, we are called out when folks are missing. It is one of the best feelings one can have when you find someone that has been lost and guide them out. They are so grateful to you, and I have never felt so proud.

As you can see I have been fairly busy. I haven't ridden my bike much in these past few years. I just try to get out and ride around my neighborhood when I can.Starting this fall semester, I will probably be riding my bike to school again since I will be going to school during the day. (I will be working second shift at my new job in a week or so). I am glad for that... going to school at night so sucks.
    I didn't even snowboard last Winter at all, mostly due to all that carpal tunnel crapola. (fine now).

That's it. What's new with all of my old buddies here?? I see PinkyJ's a Mommy. Wow! Congrats Pinky! I HAVE been gone a while.
    Any other big news??
    I will try harder to pop in every now and then!

Stine

Kick ass!!

F´ing Yeah, Stine! Now you are even more bad-ass than when I met you, which is a lot, and proves the saying, what doesn´t kill you makes you stronger, huh? ;)

I´m totally proud of you, we all knew you had it in you, you just needed some time to heal. It´s so awesome to have you back here, missed you!

Seems like current times have been packed with life-changing experiences for many of the peeps in this board, we could have our own reality show... lol! I have finally moved back to the Canary Islands, a process that took several years of putting plans into action, and I am soooo happy now. Will get back to college in September (you were an inspiration on this particular decision, thanks! now I´ll try to keep up with your good grades ), and I´m currently in the process of buying some land in the islands where I´ll start another ambitious plan, build my own home (a little enviro project on energy self-sufficiency), working in the family business is less pay, but a lot more fun than the law firm world, and I get to go surfing, rock climbing, biking, trekking, or snorkeling with Lil´M all the time... I think this is about as close to heaven this little agnostic soul will get.

Three cheers for you Stine, and for all the folks on this board who give meaning to its name.

Hip-hip-hurray!
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

Hey Stine, good to hear everything is going well for you. How is Sarah doing? Hope you cat hasn't jumped out of any windows lately

Marina, the Canary Islands sound great. When you speak of there I almost envision a "Fantasy Island" type of atmosphere.
    MARK

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Stiner!

Congrats to you girl! I'm so happy to hear how well things are going. You're a bit too busy, but that's not too bad a thing--until it impacts your ability to mountain bike and snowboard!

I'm glad you were able to stick things out, things turned around, and your future (and current situation) look very bright!

Kudos girl!

T

P.S. Now get out there and snowboard this year!

Canaria, with all of your ambition...

you will have NO problem with school. Tip: Lots of studying, not missing any classes, and doing any extra credit = A's.

Congrats on the move. I knew you wanted to go back for a long time.

Hi MARK!

Quote Originally Posted by MARK
    Hey Stine, good to hear everything is going well for you. How is Sarah doing? Hope you cat hasn't jumped out of any windows lately

Marina, the Canary Islands sound great. When you speak of there I almost envision a "Fantasy Island" type of atmosphere.
    This is my second attempt to reply. Is it my age, or are these new message boards screwy?
    Anyway, Sara is awesome. Healthy, happy, working and going to school.
    No... there will be no more cats falling out of any windows in this home. Damn...she scared the crap out of me.

Well, I think I would need some snow first

Quote Originally Posted by TBone
    Congrats to you girl! I'm so happy to hear how well things are going. You're a bit too busy, but that's not too bad a thing--until it impacts your ability to mountain bike and snowboard!

I'm glad you were able to stick things out, things turned around, and your future (and current situation) look very bright!

Kudos girl!

T

P.S. Now get out there and snowboard this year!

I will certainly try to go this winter.

So Cool!!!

Congrats to you Stine,

You did finally make it through.

Yes my life has done a complete 1080 since I started hanging out here. Who would have guessed it, but it has been great.

I thought you might enjoy this shot taken just outside the front of my house the other day. This is the first time I've seen so many dragonflies here, usually it's too hot or too cold.

Take care and keep up the good work!
    Attached Images Attached Images