one more snowboarder added to the world

We've been home a week (it's already gone by fast - he'll be 18 before we know it). PinkyJr was born on 7/8. I ended up with an unplanned c-section, but we're all healthy now. I could use a little more sleep, but we're making it through.

--jerel

here's the pic

here he is...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Brazilian Whipping Boy

Awww, cute!

Congratulations, welcome home, and welcome to Pinky Jr!

T

So cute!...

Congratulations! Nothing will compare to being a parent. Although there are times you question why you ever had kids. But that all melts away when you child says, "You're the best daddy in the world." I wouldn't change a thing.
    Tantrum

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Woohooo, Boarder Mama!

Hi Sweets, congratulations!!!!!

I gotta admit that when I saw your pre-natal photo, I kinda expected it would require a c-section to pry the little dude out of his expanding livingroom quarters, but didn't want to scare you, however, it sounds like you braved it like the tough cookie you are! ;)

He is soooo cute, what's his name? how much did he weight? Indeed time flies, remember when I was the mom of a little adorable baby girl? well, let's just say that she's reaching the pre-teen years and I'm starting to shake in my boots... but loving every minute just the same. Enjoy it!

Love,
    Your fellow boarder mama

P.S.> Let's teach them how to do rainbow slides, ok?
    Canaria
    "...my madness is my love for mankind" Vaslav Nijinsky

Congrats! I'm sure he'll be beating us all down the hill before we know it

You know, I was about to post something yesterday seeing if anyone had heard from you lately.... Congrats! That's great news! C-sections may not be ideal, but they sure beat the alternative...

A toast to happy parenthood and a bouncy baby boy!
    Greg
    "NoKnees"

That is awesome Jerel. I know that you will be a great mother. The past week or so here has offered some great news from the lady folk. No guys with any good happenings? Perhaps Mehug got drunk this weekend...
    MARK

Congrates on the kid.I think the c-section is the way to go, that's what I would do, if I could. Glad it went well, heal up & make sure he is goofy footed. I don't like regular(footed) kids.
    e

Congratulations!

Hey little fellow soul, welcome to the world! Youve got yourself a nice set of parents, I'll say!
    Rest well, Pinky, and I am sure he'll be awesome, both on and off the slopes!
    ( We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing ~Shaw )

Have a look at my
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

his name is Nathan

He was 8 lbs 11 oz (just over 4 kg) and 22 inches long (almost 56 cms). He had decided he liked where he was, so at 10 days past due we went in for an induction. Things were going ok, but moving slowly. Unfortunately things went downhill when the first attempt for an epidural didn't work (it hit a nerve root), the second attempt didn't work either, although they kept saying it was placed correctly. The third attempt worked, but I had been pumped full of so much drug that I was starting to really be out of it. The baby was starting to get distressed (turns out the cord was around his neck & we probably would have ended up with a c-section anyway) too, so we just took the safer and easy way out. I don't remember much of the whole surgery. I woke up 2 hours after Nathan was born. It was not at all like I had envisioned (much worse, actually), but the end result has been well worth it. I'm just glad we're both healthy and the c-section recovery has been quicker than I expected.

I remember when Canaria was planning lil'M's b-day party with the bounce house (I think she was 4) and she was standing between Canaria's legs on a snowboard gliding down the hill. I'm sure lil' M is charging right along side her mom these days. Canaria - you should post a pic of lil'M tearing it up.

--jerel

CUTENESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting the pic!!

Glad to hear you are doing well and I can't wait to see a pic of him tearing it up .

Pixel Pusher

Congrats!!

What a cutie! Nathan could not have ended up with a better mother. I am glad you are doing well after such a hard labor / birth. Whats his first snowboard gonna be? ;)

Snafu

Quote Originally Posted by pinkyj
    We've been home a week (it's already gone by fast - he'll be 18 before we know it). PinkyJr was born on 7/8. I ended up with an unplanned c-section, but we're all healthy now. I could use a little more sleep, but we're making it through.

--jerel

CONGRATS! (belated)

Wow! That's awesome Jerel - glad to hear you/jr. are doing well...

ac

awesome!

congrats Pinky! He's a cutie! Glad mom and son and everyone is at home and doing well!

-mht

"Howzit Brah"

Pinky J, congrats on Being a new mommy....

Wow a lot has happended in two years, graduation, marriage and you're a new mom... Jerel, congratulations on a beautiful baby boy! Speaking of babies, I think you remembered I told you that we had one boy who was 4, we now have another, Ryan just turned 1 on Aug 3rd and today I turned 41, ouch... and Sean is now 6.
    I guess when the kids get a little older we should have a mini-gathering in Tahoe.... Rich