• 12-13-2004
    KrissKross
    Salomon Malamute 05 bootsizes
    Hi!

I'm thinking about buying Salomon Malamute boots.
    The problem is I can't try them on before buying (internet store).

How is the Salomon sizes in compare with other bootcompanys?
    I usually wear a size 8 (41) shoe.
    I've used northwave size 8.5, burton size 8 and vans size 7.5 before.

should I go for a size 7 (25.5) Salomon boot?, I've heard they're large...

Also, how do salomon boots fit with Drake bindnings?

/KrissKross :)
  • 12-14-2004
    beez
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KrissKross
    Hi!

I have malamutes from last year. They run wide compared to other companies, but not longer if I remember. I have an 8 1/2 shoe and I believe I have the size 9 but I will check tonight and let you know tomorrow. But I think you can go with your normal shoe size. I have really wide toes (Fred Flintstone feet) so I think that's why I ended up with the 9.
  • 12-15-2004
    Rampage
    Comparison's
    If you have a Van's dealer near by, try them. I've heard that they are pretty close.
  • 12-15-2004
    beez
    size 9
    mine are size 9. I may have been anle to go a 1/2 size smaller too. I wear an 8 to 8 1/2 street shoe, but I keep my street shoes pretty loose. My soccer cleats are 7 1/2. So if anything, it seems like the 9 is actually smaller than some brands 9's. It 's hard to guess! Good luck!!
  • 12-21-2004
    SMR
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KrissKross
    Hi!

I normally wear a 9 1/2 or 10 boot, I tried some on and an 8 1/2 was what fit me. The saleman I worked with also usually wears a 10 but he bought 8 1/2's also. I couldn't believe I fit in an 8 1/2. I would them try-on before you buy.
  • 12-21-2004
    NoKnees
    Yah, the fit is kinda funky on those. It all depends on your preference, but for a good snug responsive fit, I've always downsized with the Malamutes. I currently wear 9's and have sz 10 feet... What'ev you do make sure you can try before you buy, or at least return them after you try them at home...
  • 12-28-2004
    KrissKross
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NoKnees
    Yah, the fit is kinda funky on those. It all depends on your preference, but for a good snug responsive fit, I've always downsized with the Malamutes. I currently wear 9's and have sz 10 feet... What'ev you do make sure you can try before you buy, or at least return them after you try them at home...

Hi! Thanx for your replys.

I ended up buying a pair Malamutes size 7. They feel great at home, think I got the right size... Have not tried them at the slopes yet... Do they pack out much? If they do'nt they'll be perfect...

/KrissKross
  • 01-06-2005
    beez
    no packing, but you should heat mold the liners
    they have the liners that you really need to heat and form for a proper fit. Most ski shops can do it for you, and buried in my mess at home I have a home recipe for doing it(proper temsp and times, etc). But I've ridden mine about 30 days and no real pack out. A few days of break-in however! BEst boots I ever rode in! Enjoy!!! By the way, combine them with the salomon spx5 bindings, and it's like the board is a mere extension of your body!