• 11-08-2007
    NoKnees
    Tbone,

Sounds like a good time, and a good level of play. Don't see many comebacks in rallyscore like the one yout had, very impressive. Musta felt good... And damn, sounds like a very respectable finish against some stacked competition. I'll take a loss in a great game over a win in a bad game anytime... Well, unless there is a lot of money or beer involved, then I'm not proud on how it's done.. ;)

The weather has been nice here, so still playing some pick-up at lunch a few days a week outside in the sand, but the weekend tourney's have come to an end... Have 2 more weeks of indoor before the winter break, then I'm off organized ball for a while. My body needs a break...

Last weekend of baseball coming up... Semi-finals Saturday, and if all goes well, finals on Sunday. Been pitching too much, and my arm is hanging like a broken wing. Fun competing though, so I can't complain about pain too much... Just have to figure out the pitching for this weekend. The plan is to save me for Sunday's start, but if we don't win Saturday, no reason to save until Sunday... So, it should be interesting... Wish me luck...

Now if we could just get some snow to start sticking in Tahoe, we can think about boarding.. But no... Nothing... Nada... Nil... Zip...
  • 11-08-2007
    TBone
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LazyL
    I'm pretty sure you're transmitting State secrets via mysterious jock-lingo? :p

Indoor sand league? Between that, and Coldcat's indoor snowboarding ramp...what's next? Indoor....sex? The mind reels...

Hello to Dr. B. :cool:

Back on topic: right now Hawaii has more snow than Cali. :rolleyes:

It's Denver silly, it gets cold here! There's no sex in the champagne room. I'll tell the Dr. you say hello. :)

T
  • 11-08-2007
    TBone
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NoKnees
    Last weekend of baseball coming up... Semi-finals Saturday, and if all goes well, finals on Sunday. Been pitching too much, and my arm is hanging like a broken wing. Fun competing though, so I can't complain about pain too much... Just have to figure out the pitching for this weekend. The plan is to save me for Sunday's start, but if we don't win Saturday, no reason to save until Sunday... So, it should be interesting... Wish me luck...

You play baseball as well, and pitch on top of that? How do you still have a shoulder?

Good luck though! Sounds fun!

T
  • 11-12-2007
    NoKnees
    Shoulder, what shoulder? * Warning, long baseball post*
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TBone
    You play baseball as well, and pitch on top of that? How do you still have a shoulder?

Good luck though! Sounds fun!

T

Yah, baseball as well... Arm/Shoulder held up pretty good, just got tired after both summer and fall seasons for the second year now. I think it's getting stronger again, but hard to tell after this last weekend..

We finished playoffs over the weekend and well, we, um, er, uh, under acheived... Semi-finals were Saturday night, with the finals set for Sunday... Saturday night was drizzly and cold, but not too we to play event that started off on the wrong note. My arm was being saved for the finals on Sunday, so I started the game at 3rd. Doing some sprints betwee 1st and 2nd inning to try to warm up I pulled my calf bad... First calf injury since before I ruptured my achilles 3+ years back.. :mad2: I pulled myself out of the game hoping that if I iced it, wrapped it tight, and drugged myself properly, I may still be able to pitch the next day... In the meantime our bats never woke up, loosing a very slow, uneventfull game 5-2... So, no game for first on Sunday, but a game for 3rd instead. Kinda pointless, but, well, just one more game before saying goodbye to the baseball for winter.

Sunday rolled around and I wrapped my bad leg from my ankle to the just below the knee. It was my right, push-off, leg, and well, I wasn't pushing off too well with it only flexing from the knee up... Good enough though.. I pitched a no-hitter through 6 when we were ahead 5-0... They pulled me to get one of back-up pitchers in the game as he hadn't had a chance to pitch in a few weeks. They knocked him around for 4 runs in the 7th... Oops... Coach didn't want to loose, and due to "special" rules for this being a recreational league, I was allowed to renter the game in the 8th to go for a save of my own game. 8th went fine, 1-2-3. We scored a ton of runs in 8th, then I went back out in the 9th to close. Got one out, then the wheels fell off... We made a few hours, I made a wild pitch, popped my calf again trying to cover home plate, walked the next guy on 4 pitches, then finally struck the last guy out to finish the game with 2 runs to spare... Woohoo!

Now I'm walking with a limp, right arm is hanging lower than the left, but it's all good... I'm heading off to St Lucia on Thursday for 10 days of all inclusive mind numbing relaxation... Just what the doctor ordered! :cool:
  • 11-19-2007
    TBone
    Bummer brutha. St. Lucia sounds like a nice time to blow off some steam and rest up for some hopeful snow.

T
  • 11-20-2007
    elex
    They have pitchers in T-Ball? Did u get that bikini wax before u left?
    E
  • 12-06-2007
    NoKnees
    3 Attachment(s)
    Long time...
    Wassup E! Well, you know... Someone's gotta show those kids how to play ball... Photo attached of me pitching earlier this summer at AT&T Park... My mechanics went out the window years ago, but I still have fun...

As for the bikini wax, naw, it's just not the same when it's not you doing it for me. We miss you out here on the west coast...

But major congrats for getting hitched and the aquisition of a house... It's almost like you are an adult now. Weird concept...

Couple of shots of St Lucia as well... Not a bad place to chill...
  • 12-07-2007
    elex
    Good to hear all is going well on your end, you need to get your leg higher when you pitch. Kiddin, I never made it past t-ball, soccer became a fulltime job at the age of 8 or somethin. Still play ball during the summer out here. We have the nicest fields that I've ever seen, the soil is mostly sand based so the ground never gets super hard. When in Seattle, I play once & limp for about a week after. Right now it's winter, pretty much has snowed most everyday for the past 2 weeks...not Tahoe snow, just super light 1-6" stuff everyday. Do miss the vert though.

So are you still at the company? Good to see your playing all your sports still, you look thinner.....than in my dreams. St. Lucia looks incredible, could go for a beach right now...mine are a bit cold at the moment. Rich aka "littl spoon" called me, but I still don't have his phone# since my celly went for a swim....phones apparently don't swim, they should put a sticker on the phone saying that. So tell him to leave his number on my phone the next time he rings. Well I guess you guys are getting lots of snow in Tahoe, make sure to post pics & say hi to the wif & rich.
    E
  • 12-13-2007
    NoKnees
    1 Attachment(s)
    Cool...
    Glad to hear you are (or were at least) still getting out onto the pitch for some footy... Okay, that's how all the brits I use to play with talked about their game... I suppose with snow almost every day you're sticking to the boarding...

As for me, yah, my leg kick has actually dropped some now that I'm seeing myself in photo's... Guess I need some viarga or something. Should be good for at least another mph or so.. ;) At least from the wind-up...

And yah, she a few pounds here and there. Not just from your dreams... I don't need quite as big of a board now on pow-days... Not that I've seen many lately...

A parting shot from St Lucia... Still wish I was there... Would make a nice retirement home if it had surfable waves, but alas, no such... Maybe Costa Rica... Hmmm...
  • 12-17-2007
    elex
    Wow, just checked the kirkwood site, not looking so good. Then again, it always seems to hit around X-mas time. We had a winterstorm warning, suppose to get a foot, got 3"...not even worth shoveling. The whole west coast all the way to Whistler is looking a little grim. It's all about snowguns these days.
    E
  • 12-18-2007
    NoKnees
    well, it's about to change a bit for tahoe.. .Expecting 4-8ft total by this weekend, starting from yesterday... I'm sure 4ft will be more like it, but at least we'll have an offiical base to work from now... Woohoo!

Yah, not fully excited.. skipped the season pass this year, and work is being a pain. Not sure how many days I'll get up there this time around... We'll see...
  • 12-19-2007
    elex
    I can't imagine 4 to 8 feet anymore, still blows me away. I remember it when I lived there, spent more time shoveling than riding it tho. Hope you get to enjoy it or at least like you said build a base for future days.

Understand the pass dilema, can't imagine driving 4 hours to go ride. I think I would be doing more of something else if that was the case. What I get to ride isn't the greatest, but I have tons of fun & I spend more time on the hill than driving. I can cruise up for 2 hours & not miss a beat with work. Guess there is always compromises.

Enjoy the pow with Rich!
  • 12-20-2007
    NoKnees
    Yah, the drive can be a drag sometimes... We'll see... shoot get my first taste of the snow this year on Saturday, then a bit more of the holiday break..

As for riding pow with Rich, we still need to get him a bigger board and some pow skills (yah you Rich)... Almost lost the poor little guy on a 3-4' pow day last lear...

We'll make the best of it... Still beats a day in the office...
  • 12-20-2007
    elex
    just tie a 4' long orange or pink powder leash to his helmet.