Feedback on my new gear

Printable View

• 12-06-2005
    Odlose
    Feedback on my new gear
    Hi everybody, new to the forum and semi-new to boarding (well, pretty damn new). I started last year and in total have gone 5 times(4 times last year, renting each time, and 1 time this year with all my new stuff). Basically from day one of boarding I picked it up right away, most likely because I wakeboard and used to skateboard. Although not perfect, my riding is probably equivalent to someone who's been riding for 2-3 years. Well, I went to an expo this year and picked up all new gear and was wondering if I could get some feedback from you guys. Here's my setup:

Board: Salomon Forecast Era 153 (I'm 5'7" 130 lbs)
    Bindings: Salomon SP3 Bindings
    Boots: Salomon F20 Boots

In total it cost me around $575, where as without the savings it would have come out to about $870, so I saved a good sum of money. I took it out not last weekend but the one before and although it took some getting used to, by the end of the day I was riding pretty well, turning and such with no problem. I even hit the box for the first time ever (on anything- as in never did it on skis, blades, skateboarding, or wakeboarding) and landed it, which although not much, it was an accomplishment for me.

Thanks in advance!
  • 12-06-2005
    NoKnees
    It sucks.... you got ripped off....

Just kidding! Why does it matter what we think? If it works for you, and you feel comfortable with it, it's the best gear ever! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise...

Anyway, looks like a decent intermediate setup that should last you a while...

Hope ya get some fresh snow and have a chance to ride it 'til it wears out...
  • 12-06-2005
    Odlose
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NoKnees
    It sucks.... you got ripped off....

Just kidding! Why does it matter what we think? If it works for you, and you feel comfortable with it, it's the best gear ever! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise...

Anyway, looks like a decent intermediate setup that should last you a while...

Hope ya get some fresh snow and have a chance to ride it 'til it wears out...

well although I don't care overall (I mean I'm stuck with it, aint I :-P) I still would like to know what people's thoughts are on it.
  • 12-07-2005
    NoKnees
    No worries... Just giving you a hard time... Haven't played with the Era, although I've ridden Salamon's more freeride/allmountain sticks like the Fastback and the 450 & 550 and thought they were well made. The SP3 is a decent med-flex binding that should hold up fine... and I've been a big fan of Salomon boots for a while and don't think you can go wrong there. Haven't tried the F20 specifically, but know folks who like the higher end F24, I'm on my second pair of Malamutes, and my wife settled on some Salomon's as well after going through half dozen other brands...

All in all, you done well....;)
  • 12-07-2005
    MARK
    Don't mind NoKnees. He's just mad that he isn't the one with the new stick. Of course not having any kness makes him angry on a regular basis as well :o
  • 12-08-2005
    NoKnees
    :rolleyes:

yah well... can you blame me?
  • 03-19-2006
    kimberfunk
    I know this is quite an old thread but just thought I'd post in here rather than start a new one, seeing as it's the same theme: just bought a Head Defiance (156cm) with Drake Fifty bindings and Nitro Tangent boots (£310 in all, so roughly $580? Saved a lot in the sale anyway) and as I live in the South of England, haven't had a chance to test it out, although I have 1 hour at a dry slope near me (I'm not very experienced and have roughly 2 weeks' boarding behind me but I've been skiing for 9 years and am planning to spend next season in a resort in France). I'm just wondering if anyone else has ridden any of my gear before and what they thought of it, thanks in advance!
  • 01-01-2009
    clint999
    I know this is quite an old thread but just thought I'd post in here rather than start a new one, seeing as it's the same theme: just bought a Head Defiance (156cm) with Drake Fifty bindings and Nitro Tangent boots (£310 in all, so roughly $580? Saved a lot in the sale anyway) and as I live in the South of England, haven't had a chance to test it out, although I have 1 hour at a dry slope near me (I'm not very experienced and have roughly 2 weeks' boarding behind me but I've been skiing for 9 years and am planning to spend next season in a resort in France). I'm just wondering if anyone else has ridden any of my gear before and what they thought of it, thanks in advance!