• 11-14-2007
    Coldcat
    It's ON in Europe! massively!
    its been snowing nearly a week, and in Western Austria as well as in eastern Switzerland they havent had this much snow in a November ever since 1952! (up to two meters of fresh in area's. 'only' 150 cms in others) Most high resorts decided to open for the weekends already, ahead of schedule.

france is a bit lagging, but will get dumped on as of from today. not as epical as the eastern parts of the alps, but... season has started, and started big!
  • 11-14-2007
    NoKnees
    Nice! Now when are you going to put that pretty new board to use? We need you to get out there and tear it up so we can at least live vicarioiusly through you..

Thand and we need some good first tracks of the season photos to get things going... We used to be able to count on Ripzalot for that, but he's abandoned us for the TegonGravity forums....

Tahoe is taking it normal sweet time... Dust here, melt, dust there, melt... There is a little snow on the ground at most resorts now, but it's like 10cm or less.. A couple places are opening with 1 or 2 man-made snow runs, but nothing fancy. Might get more falling next week, but no real "winter" like storms in the forecast yet...

I'm off to the islands for a while... See you all when I return!
  • 11-16-2007
    elex
    Damn good to hear! I'm headed to euroland next weekend. Probably riding somewhere in Austria, guess I need to figure out where soon. So are you in Holland or Belgium? I have a friend who works at an indoor slope in Holland. I promised to visit to check them out, but haven't had time.
  • 11-21-2007
    Coldcat
    Hey Elex and Noknees,

Elex, I guess youre referring to last weekend, and if you did, and if you went to Austria, you fell headlong into the powder I think. If you are going next, upcoming weekend (24/25) then Id advise Switserland over Austria, as right now Austria is battling a fohn. It is now seriously dumping in the south to south east, all the italian resorts are getting some, but they havent opened up yet. So best is to opt for Switzerland close to the border, like Grand san bernard or something. That way, you can get to it quickly, no matter if it dumps south or north of the main ridge. After next sunday, another northerly dump is coming up... man, this looks damn, damn, damn good!
    Noknees: I only booked a week (in march.. that is four months away!!) because that is all I can currently pay for, but I am seriously considering going into debt and getting a quick pre season discount offer if things go on like this.

ripz posted up his first pics of the season on his blog, i saw. lucky *******.
  • 11-22-2007
    elex
    Nope, headed this weekend to Austria, looks like I'm going to Soeldon, but I might head over to Hintertux. But yeah, I missed the pow, however I got some at my house last night, of course I have to leave on saturday so hopefully I can enjoy it a little tomorrow.
    E
  • 12-10-2007
    Ripzalot
    hi marije! i finally caught your comments on my blog. i'm a lazy arse when it comes to checking my own site. :(

i dont have much to post here any more since i have switched to skiing. forced to, due to an ankle injury. but i'm playing around with my splitboard, plate bindings and AT boots, so i might give it a go soon.

last weekend pics, me trying to figure out my pow turns....

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...eras039/J1.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...eras039/J2.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...eras039/J3.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...9/IMG_1759.jpg

i hope y'all passion dudes and dudettes are well!!!
  • 01-02-2008
    Coldcat
    Nice dive to snorkel there!
    Was that a half cab to snorkel mode or a regular frontside dive? :P :P

But hey, seriously, whats wrong with skiing? You still love snow, right? Its still the adrenalin buzz.. and ever since them pow skis came onto the market, the division line between boarding and skiing is fading faster and faster. And if that is what the knee will allow, then thats the way to go! I posted a new reaction on your blog just now, to give the heads up for yet another snowstorm coming up to your part of the world (damn those %^$#@@ email services!!) but it's a southern one, starting today and predicted to last till halfway the weekend. Its a good one! So I guess Courmayeur is a good option next weekend, so you can give us all pics to drool over. How about it? If you drive on to morgex and take the sharp turn right up the mountain towards La Thuile, then I could tell you where to look for some good pow fields with less crowds then Courmayeur.

Damn. Wishin I was there...
  • 10-02-2008
    clint999
    Damn good to hear! I'm headed to euroland next weekend. Probably riding somewhere in Austria, guess I need to figure out where soon. So are you in Holland or Belgium? I have a friend who works at an indoor slope in Holland. I promised to visit to check them out, but haven't had time.