CDs away!...

Printable View

• 05-02-2005
    Tantrum
    CDs away!...
    LL expect a care package in the next few days via Priority Mail. I tucked away some stamps for the return postage so be on the looksy for them.

How's everyone else doing with the burning (not THAT burning E :eek: )?
  • 05-02-2005
    canuck
    Wow, you're super quick huh?

I've got 4 or 5 tracks so far...including 2 of my favourite 80's bands (do you know "Love my way"???) actually!!!!!!!!! yeah!

Also hoping to find a great track on the new Mando Diao disc....just bought it though so we'll see...heard of them?
  • 05-02-2005
    Tantrum
    Oh, yeah, the Furs!...
    Only 1 80s song on this disc and it's from New Order. I can hear the collective sigh of relief!;)

Never heard of Mando Diao but after hearing their music I have only 1 question: who came first: MD or the Killers?:confused:
  • 05-02-2005
    canuck
    What? No Air Supply this go round?! :p

Boy George is absent too???

I think MD are kindof a Hives clone, not sure when the Killers hit the scene...but a girl in my office was just over in Switzerland snowboarding (yep, I hate her) and MD is huge there. You know how cutting edge the Swiss are when it comes to knives ...err...I mean music
  • 05-02-2005
    Tantrum
    I never touch Air Supply...
    and I listen to Boy George in private.

And by the way, I am only super-quick at CD burning.:p
  • 05-02-2005
    LazyL
    Terrific!
    Now I'll have something to listen to while I burn my CDs. :D

I think I have all my songs picked out. Now I just have to arrange them, and do the CD art.

And I managed to squeeze one over-the-top 80s song in there, too, just to mortify the unsuspecting canuck when he pops the CD in on his commute to work...ha...
  • 05-02-2005
    Tantrum
    No CD art for me...
    Just a hand-written note on the disc. But, I did include a play-list so that when you say "What the hell kind of song is this?" you can look at the playlist and be satisfied. Or, dissatisfied, whichever the case may be.:p
  • 05-02-2005
    LazyL
    I use the term "art" loosely...
    ...being a loose kind of gal in general.

Mine'll probably be about as arty as yours, unless the cure for terminal laziness is discovered in the next week.

Looking forward to the new music!
  • 05-02-2005
    canuck
    "new music"?? Tantrum?? :o

I really should hand deliver my discs, I miss your neighbourhood!!!
    (and it's rainy here today which totally sucks)
  • 05-02-2005
    Tantrum
    Oh man!...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by canuck
    "new music"?? Tantrum?? :o

That hurts, but it is so true. Quite a few of my songs are from the 60s and 70s. However, I did include a Blink 182 song. Does that make me current?
  • 05-04-2005
    LazyL
    I got 'em!
    Fabulous collection. Very uppity-hippity-happity! Nicely done.

And I breathed a sigh of relief that you didn't steal my game by putting the "Theme from St. Elmo's Fire" on your mix...whew! I'd hate to have to rethink my songlist. ;)

OK, who's next?
  • 05-05-2005
    canuck
    I just need a couple more tracks, guess I'll have to buy 'em off itunes, can't seem to locate any bananarama cds.....
  • 05-05-2005
    LazyL
    Morpheus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by canuck
    I just need a couple more tracks, guess I'll have to buy 'em off itunes, can't seem to locate any bananarama cds.....

What downloading tool are you using? mht's Kimmy recommended Morpheus, and I love it. It seems to have access to all the obscure (read: crappy?) tunes I needed...
  • 05-05-2005
    Tantrum
    You're not worried about...
    the late-night knock at the door and the subpeana for downloading music illegally?:eek: Wait, you're probably not downloading Metallica or Brittany Spears so you should be safe. Or are you?:p
  • 05-06-2005
    canuck
    k, I'm ready to burn!!!

hmmmmm...where can I buy those cool vinyl lp looking cds that Jibnot uses.....?
  • 05-06-2005
    canuck
    1 Attachment(s)
    these might do...on the other hand they're a bit um "fruity"?
  • 05-06-2005
    Tantrum
    Make sure...
    I get the pineapple one.

Other than the Furs and MD, who else will grace your CD?
  • 05-06-2005
    canuck
    HA!!

You will not believe my cd this year!!!!!

Absolutely no electronica, no hip-hop and no Jack Johnson!!
    I know, hard to believe isn't it!!!!!!
  • 05-06-2005
    NoKnees
    Great, another best of Menudo compilation...

Anyway, guess I need to get off my bum and start doing some burning... Have hardly put any thought into it yet... Oh well.. I'll whip something forgetable up like I always do..
  • 05-06-2005
    Tantrum
    Oh come on...
    You can't stay away from electronica, hip-hop and Jack Johnson any more than I can stay away from 80s cheese. Just admit it and put it on the disc regardless of what people will say.:D
  • 05-06-2005
    Tantrum
    What was it...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NoKnees
    I'll whip something forgetable up like I always do..

you put on your disc last time?:p

Dazzle us with your forgetableness.
  • 05-06-2005
    canuck
    nope, but there is an hour's worth of Aboriginal jamming ....I mean who doesn't love the
    didgeridoo ????
  • 05-06-2005
    CanariaChick
    Ouch
    [QUOTE=canuck]HA!!

You will not believe my cd this year!!!!!

Absolutely no electronica, no hip-hop and no Jack Johnson!!
    I know, hard to believe isn't it!!!!!![/QUOTE=canuck]

LOL.... one Jack Johnson song, a couple of hiphop, and I believe there's also one electronica track in my cd compilation... you are going to loooooove it! :D

(You know my gumbo mixes got a bit of everything...)

However, my ode to the 80s song is no bananarama, duran duran, nor flock of seaguls, but a band that had significantly more influence during my teen years in Spain: Baron Rojo, meeetaaal foreveeeer!

*crap, I just gave myself whiplash*
  • 05-06-2005
    canuck
    LOL!!!!

I am definitely going to win the weirdest compilation award this go round!!!!
    That's what happens when you "buy" tracks instead of burning your own cds.....

:D
  • 05-06-2005
    Tantrum
    Hee hee...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CanariaChick
    *crap, I just gave myself whiplash*

I can see you head-banging in the office and all of the other lawyer-types shaking their heads in confusion.
  • 05-07-2005
    evilninja
    cds...
    Finishing them up now......So I decided to go a bit crazy this year and provide a three ceedee set for your heads...each disc is a seperate mix from the others...should be interesting....also I will try and provide track listings this time too.

later!

dj evilninja
  • 05-09-2005
    CanariaChick
    While u wait for the delivery guy...
    A recent ode to the 80s in Seattle, Fankick! vs. StreetBeat :D
    Dance Battle of the Century (quicktime video)
  • 05-10-2005
    TBone
    Strictly Country this time around...
    you guys and gals are gonna love it!

It'll be the soundtrack to the next Mack Dawg movie.
  • 05-10-2005
    canuck
    cool....did you know that a cd will actually fly an incredibly long way when tossed off the roof of a tall building, or frisbee'd out of a car window at freeway speed?
    :p
  • 05-10-2005
    TBone
    Dude, you crack me up!
    How ya been?

T
  • 05-11-2005
    jibnot
    Just finishing up my mix (burn tonight) , hop I’m not holding up the gang.It's an AM radio fundraiser drive from the mid 80’s if you donate over $100. You get a burlap grocery bag and coffee mug.Time to make some turns in some new fresh snow.

Canuck- you can get the disks at most chain office supply stores, try Canadian Depot…..next to the birch bark and ash pencils or is that coal? :confused:
  • 05-12-2005
    mehugtree
    I'll be the caboose.
    I haven't got to burning mine yet, what with all the preparations for the contest. But I know pretty much what's going to be on it, so hopefully can bust it out by the end of next week.

-mht
  • 05-12-2005
    canuck
    Canuck- you can get the disks at most chain office supply stores, try Canadian Depot…..next to the birch bark and ash pencils or is that coal? :confused:[/QUOTE]

tks, I got'em at the equivalent of "Best Buy".....purdy colors too...
  • 05-12-2005
    evilninja
    cds away today, hopefully
    This seems to happen everytime we do this. I get my discs done and can never find boxes to send them in....drives me a bit nutty. Time to troll the halls for shipping containers....hopefully the disc will be out today....later all!

me
  • 05-16-2005
    CanariaChick
    Mine went out today!
    LL, expect the FedEx delivery guy tomorrow afternoon...

woohoo!! :p
  • 05-17-2005
    evilninja
    cds away2...
    For real this time...expect them weds afternoon via USPS....enjoy!!!!

chapell(evilninja)
  • 05-17-2005
    canuck
    Mine went out yesterday, via Canada Post "air mail"

expect them to travel to a variety of world capitals ending up in Los Angeles sometime late Summer....
  • 05-17-2005
    NoKnees
    I'm finally burning mine today, shipping tomorrow if all goes well. And yes, this is a special CD. I'll apologize now to anyone who is offended, annoyed, or otherwise emotionaly scarred by any, if not all, of the material I've included this time around.
  • 05-17-2005
    Tantrum
    That's OK...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NoKnees
    I'll apologize now to anyone who is offended, annoyed, or otherwise emotionaly scarred by any, if not all, of the material I've included this time around.

I already know that Canuck will be using my disc as a high-speed physics experiment from the sunroof of his yuppy SUV.:p
  • 05-17-2005
    canuck
    off to Vegas Friday......

missing these guys by only 2 days!!!!!!! yay!!

http://www.vegas.com/searchagent/eve...iew.do?id=8999