San Diego?

Printable View

• 02-28-2008
    mehugtree
    San Diego?
    Anyone familiar with the place?

Didn't some long-lost soulmate have some connection there?

hmm.

Going there for a week, starting this Friday.

Any where close to ride?
  • 02-28-2008
    NoKnees
    Not too familiar, but have been there a few times passing through... No close places to ride that I'm aware of... 6+ hour drive to go to Mammoth. Some smaller places with a lot of man-made snow within 3 hours I think..

I'd probably be more likely to check the surf report and head down to Baja Mexico... Get some lobster in Puerto Nuevo, etc...

Maybe LL might make an appearance here and give you some better tips, as it's at least closer to her hood...
  • 02-28-2008
    mehugtree
    viva!
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking, should hit up some surf.

Hope la bonita LL pops her pretty little bonnett in and gives me some tips!

hey, how the hell are you?
  • 03-01-2008
    Tantrum
    SD local checking in...
    I grew up in SD. There are a few places outside of LA where you can ride: http://www.mthigh.com/, http://www.snowsummit.com/index_winter.php, http://www.bearmountain.com/index_winter.php, and http://www.skiengine.com/resorts/usa.../mt-baldy.html. Mammoth is farther north but a much better mountain. If I were you, I'd take NK's advice and head south for some surf and sun.

It's 70F right now as I type in CO. We're heading up for some Sunday POW that is expected overnight. I played hookey last Monday and Breck got 14 inches overnight and it was fantastic. The upper bowls were a winter wonderland of virgin powder with no one to share with. :thumbsup: Sadly, I didn't take any pictures to prove my tale so you'll just have to believe me.
  • 03-04-2008
    NoKnees
    So, MHT, how's it going down there? Weather treating you 'ok'?

Tantrum, I had forgotten your roots, my bad... Glad to see you got some freshies on a weekday.. It's been a little while for me, but maybe the end of this month will treat me better. Not like I can complain about a few days in Whistler, but I am getting some powder withdrawals... There were soooo many little things I saw in Whistler that I wanted to hit, if only the snow was not firmpack/windbuff... I need to get up there and drop the excuses.. ;)

Anyway, off to Vegas in few days for a baseball tournament. Playing for some team from the east coast, should be fun. Go DC Mustangs!
  • 03-05-2008
    Tantrum
    No worries...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NoKnees

Tantrum, I had forgotten your roots, my bad... Glad to see you got some freshies on a weekday.. It's been a little while for me, but maybe the end of this month will treat me better. Not like I can complain about a few days in Whistler, but I am getting some powder withdrawals... There were soooo many little things I saw in Whistler that I wanted to hit, if only the snow was not firmpack/windbuff... I need to get up there and drop the excuses.. ;)

Anyway, off to Vegas in few days for a baseball tournament. Playing for some team from the east coast, should be fun. Go DC Mustangs!

I'm easily forgotten.:D

Last weekend wasn't as bad as I thought. An overnight storm dropped 8" and Keystone was actually not that crowded. We had the kids with us so I couldn't get too much powder but I managed to find some in the trees while the kids did their thing on the adjacent run.

Good luck in LV. I'll put a c-note on the Mustangs with my local guy.
  • 03-26-2008
    LazyL
    Dagnabbit. Missed the rare and elusive MHT on his errant West Coast flight path, once again. I've been wanting to introduce that man to potato tacos since like forever.

Got a Sandy Eggo trip report for us, toots?
  • 06-26-2008
    clint999

• 03-31-2009
    gogutasca
    where where what...???do u wany to sell????????