• 09-04-2008
    Tantrum
    Just ordered FTP's "Knock on Wood"...
    What other films are you all thinking about purchasing to get hyped for the upcoming season?
  • 09-11-2008
    MARK
    Man...
    I've given up on buying films except of course for AC's flicks. I have a silly collection and can't even remember what is in most of them. Heck I even transferred all my VHS to dvd! Going against that, if anyone has a copy of "Hot Wheels" from way back let me know. PinkyJ had a copy, but don't know anyone else who does. Anyone remember that from the Tahoe gathering? Woot!
  • 09-12-2008
    Tantrum
    Same with me...
    AC's flick is the only one I'll buy this year as well. I just found a VHS copy of Fall Line's "RPM." I think the soundtrack of that flick is what does it for me. The Charger is a close second and Ranquet is third. I'll have to transfer it to DVD as well.
  • 09-23-2008
    NoKnees
    Still haven't ordered any films yet this year... Putting together my shopping list..

Saw Absinthe's new flick up in S.F. when they came to town last week. Jeremy Jones was hanging out, as well as a few other of the riders along with the Absinthe crew. Good guys... Film was good.. Didn't quite feel like it was their best, but it was good...

Looking forward to T. Rice's flick when that's released.. No dates for showing in San Fran yet, so I'll probably just order it when I can..

Anyone know if anyone is releasing on blu-ray this year? I know Mack Dawg did an HD version of their main film last year.. Would be cool to see Double Decade in HD, but I'm not holding my breath there, as I don't see them remastering their old film to take advantage of HD...
  • 09-29-2008
    deepakhj
    I was at the Absinthe films premiere too.. I thought the film was WAY too long.. Jeremy Jones' riding was the highlight...
  • 09-29-2008
    canuck
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MARK
    I've given up on buying films except of course for AC's flicks. I have a silly collection and can't even remember what is in most of them. Heck I even transferred all my VHS to dvd! Going against that, if anyone has a copy of "Hot Wheels" from way back let me know. PinkyJ had a copy, but don't know anyone else who does. Anyone remember that from the Tahoe gathering? Woot!

Somewhere in my crawlspace lives a very old vhs tape called "Hot Wheels"...

honestly, the hot wheels ads were the highlight of the movie?!
  • 09-30-2008
    Tantrum
    You could make a fortune...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by canuck
    Somewhere in my crawlspace lives a very old vhs tape called "Hot Wheels"...

honestly, the hot wheels ads were the highlight of the movie?!

Selling your junk on eBay. Has eBay made it to Canada yet?:p
  • 10-01-2008
    NoKnees
    Yah, was it did seem to drag a little... wasn't sure if it was just the venue, or... I'm still looking forward to a home viewing again before I pass final judgment...

So, you pick up a pass anywhere in Tahoe this year? Going to get up there more again?
  • 10-14-2008
    deepakhj
    I'll probably get a pass to Heavenly again.. and maybe a Sun-Fri to Sierra.

I just went up this weekend and it snowed Friday/Saturday.

I want to beat my 40 days last season this year.. :)
  • 10-16-2008
    NoKnees
    Damn 40 days is impressive for a "weekend warrior" type.

I definitely need to get more days in this year... Shooting for 30+ which will be no small task for my normal work/life schedule...
  • 10-16-2008
    deepakhj
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NoKnees
    Damn 40 days is impressive for a "weekend warrior" type.

I definitely need to get more days in this year... Shooting for 30+ which will be no small task for my normal work/life schedule...

The key is a ski lease... I was up there for 3 1/2 weeks during December last year and telecommuted a lot.
  • 10-16-2008
    NoKnees
    Yah...
    That does help... Haven't done a ski lease in a few years.... We have a place to crash in South Lake, but couldn't exactly move in there for weeks at a time.. ;)

Ah well... Not going to worry about it until we have enough snow to play on.

Now to go out and clean up my gear and get it ready for the season...
  • 11-25-2009
    vichu
    I know Mack Dawg did an HD version of their main film last year.. Would be cool to see Double Decade in HD, but I'm not holding my breath there, as I don't see them remastering their old film to take advantage of HD.