favourite board?

Printable View

• 10-19-2004
    canuck
    favourite board?
    So I'm riding last years Burton Custom, which I like, and an older Supermodel 168 as my pow board, which I love.

I still look back fondly however at my favourite "short" board being a Sims "Alan Clark" 153 pro model that you just had to ever so slightly edge to go into a full carve....very sweet board.
    I don't look back so fondly on my old pow board being a Morrow Rail which delamed all over the place within weeks of first use! grrrr.....it had such a wide waist I could barely turn it on the groomers! Of course, that could've just been me?

Anybody else have an all time fave board that they miss?
  • 10-19-2004
    MARK
    What color/graphic was your 153 Clark?
  • 10-19-2004
    canuck
    the top is flat green (ie: not glossy) and the bottom is purple with a cool graphic of a castle and dragon and a small canadian flag flying from a turret!

think last I heard Al was riding for Gnu?
  • 10-19-2004
    canuck
  • 10-19-2004
    MARK
    1 Attachment(s)
    A gift for you...
    I sold Sims back then, here ya go:

Sims 97/98 Allan Pro

length 153cm
    contact length 114cm
    effective edge 118cm
    waist width 24.6cm
    tip/tail width 28.7cm
    sidecut 840

MARK
  • 10-20-2004
    NoKnees
    Hmmm. Fav? Short lifespan, but good memories were with my SOLO 163. no idea model name, or anything. Someone at work won it from SFO Snowboard/skate shop up in San Fran.. I spen $175 on it, in shrink wrap. White, with a blue Firebird on the top. White base with smaller bird on it I think...

It was my second snowboard and got me through the last good El Nino year in Tahoe back in the late 90's. Delamed early the second season I road it at around the 30 day mark. My first real board was a 159 Custom from around '96, and it was a bit soft and noodly. This SOLO had more camber, better pop, and great edge hold, just not quite as 'smooth'. Loved it...
  • 10-20-2004
    canuck
    Thanks!
    I'm all weepy up here

:p
  • 10-20-2004
    jibnot
    68 Supermodel

She’s past her prime and out of time, but the memories are mine.
  • 10-20-2004
    canuck
    so is that some obscure lyric or really yours?
  • 10-20-2004
    jibnot
    Quote:

Originally Posted by canuck
    so is that some obscure lyric or really yours?

That’s me, brilliant yah know. :rolleyes:
  • 10-20-2004
    canuck
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jibnot
    That’s me, brilliant yah know. :rolleyes:

you might be actually?