New boots

Printable View

• 02-21-2006
    SMR
    New boots
    ok, it's time to replace my old Northwaves. I'll be using them with Ride Flight bindings. Only use will be freeriding, no park. I want a medium stiff boot, not too stiff, but not too flexy either. I'm looking at Vans Contra, Burton Driver, K2 T1, Saloman Synapse. Any other boots come to mind. I also want something I can get in and out of without a ton of internal powerstraps or other adjustments. I like simplicity. The new cap strap bindings look interesting, anyone know if Ride offers these as aftermarket?
    Anyways, thanks in advance.
  • 02-22-2006
    MARK
    Can't say much more than try the boots on and go with the best fitting. I can tell you that some of Burton's better boots have imo too many straps, etc. to pull on(4 including the liner power strap) for my taste. No need for a cap strap with Ride as they offer a more versatile convertible toe strap. If you chose a true cap strap then you'd have to go with Technine since Ride bindings don't use slot wall strap attaching in the toe like Burton does.
  • 03-11-2006
    pascalli2
    I got a new pair of Salomon Synapse's at the beginning of this season, and have been impressed with them. At least for my feet, I find they fit really nicely, and their lacing system is pretty easy to work with...a bit more pulling and tightening than is ideal, but for the snuggest fit, seems like something that's got to be done. I'm not expert of course, I just know I've been more than happy with my Salomons.
  • 03-12-2006
    Meltz
    I've used the Vans Contras, Burton Ruler & Driver. NONE of them were as easy or comfortable as the DC Judge. Boa lacing system, but ten times the comfort of Vans imo.
  • 03-13-2006
    SMR
    I found a pair of the K2 Proof's on sale and bought those. They have a nice flex, not too stiff, not too soft. I also love the Boa system for the liner.
    Thanks for the replies.
  • 08-21-2008
    clint999
    I've used the Vans Contras, Burton Ruler & Driver. NONE of them were as easy or comfortable as the DC Judge. Boa lacing system, but ten times the comfort of Vans imo.
  • 10-14-2008
    deepakhj
    I'm looking at K2 DB T1 and Salmon F22... I tried them both on this weekend and they felt great. I can't decide which to get though. 08 F22 $160, 09 T1 $300. The T1 has the dual BOA which looks so EASY and convenient.