• 12-10-2009
    Tantrum
    Colorado is getting some good snow...
    Breck's Peak 8 pipe is taking shape: http://common.snow.com/mtncams/peak8.jpg

25" base already (that's 63.5 cm to you Canuck).
  • 01-17-2010
    NoKnees
    Hey Tantrum! Long time no see.. or post, or.. Anyway, just popped my head in here to see if anyone has visited this place...

Lazy days here in Cali... Only have 1 day in so far, but expect to get going a bit more now that the storm cycle has started up for real...

I'll swing back by again shortly to see if this place get's it's pulse back...

- G
  • 01-22-2010
    Tantrum
    Hey Greg,

Yeah, this place is dead (was that an echo?). I've gotten a few days in this year but as always, less than desired. I see NoCal has been hammered the past few days so the riding should be good. Post some pics if you have 'em.

Jason
  • 01-26-2010
    NoKnees
    4 Attachment(s)
    Pics? Well...
    Yep, getting some liquid love up in the mountains right now. Put us just above average for the season with enough base to have fun for a while. It was stormy and greybird, but I took a couple little snapshots... With these last 3 days, only up to 4 days on the season.. Sad times...

Anyway, the riding was great though... Knee to waist deep on Friday (when riding my 178st), knee deep on Saturday with some deeper pockets hiding here and there, riding my little 169 regular board... Sunday was still good, only a few inches of fresh snow, and some shin to knee deep pockets to be found with a little work...

Green Jacket is my wife... Having fun, doing a bit more exploring the steeper trees and chutes with the good snow... She's a fair condition rider.. Sunny days, not so much... Storm days, she's out enjoying it the most... God bless her...
  • 01-26-2010
    REON
    Wow Greg those pictures are great. That looks like so much fun.
  • 01-27-2010
    NoKnees
    Hey Ryan, long time no see... Hope all is well out there..... Still in Jersey? Or did you get to migrate to a better snowboarding location? :)

Yah, it was a good time... Hope to get out this weekend for another day at least... Not much new snow, so it'll be a chance to do a bit more exploring, maybe hit up the backcountry... We'll see...
  • 02-02-2010
    Tantrum
    Very nice. The terrain and company look awesome.
  • 03-03-2010
    LazyL
    Holy mother of pearl! This place is still alive?
    How's it going, friends?

Just checking in from sunny/snowy southern California. So nice to see some familiar "faces" after all this time.

I'm goin' skiin' next week. That's right: the sport of the ancients. I'm halfway tempted to trot down to the thrift shop and buy myself a proper period costume. Perhaps an hideous purple-teal one-piece romper. I know I have a pair of hot-pink Vuarnets somewhere.

Rockin' it like the 80s, baby.

Are we having a winter or what in Cali?!
  • 03-11-2010
    NoKnees
    Hey LL, good to see you again!

And yes, this winter has been, well, like winter used to be.... Although, it's been a little much for you all down south...

So, skiin'? Wow.... I remember that... You definitely need to either get yourself some nice tight nickers and a wool sweater, or step it up a little to a leopard print one piece with a big fuzzy hat... Your call.. Nothing else will do... Okay, so a Suzie Chapstick setup in tight pants and neon colored jacket would pass as well. Any way you do it, it doesn't count without pictures... :)

Have a good time!

- G

Oh, and an oversize photo of last weekend at Kirkwood.http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...C09432_lnd.jpg

The normal "Wall" shot as you drop in up top... Good season indeed!
  • 03-13-2010
    MarklyPetrello
    Wow Realy interesting
    http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/1807/eek.gif Wow thats really interesting. Thnx for sharing.
  • 09-23-2010
    convarobin
    Wow very nice photographs post by NoKnees. I really like it and actually this photos look nice because of the photographer because they capture very nice shot.