PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still shredding the gnar

elex
05-19-2005, 07:15 AM
Sorry to talk about boarding. Didn't know if anyone is riding Tahoe this week or next.
Erk L

Tantrum
05-19-2005, 09:07 AM
and paying a heavy price too. <a href="http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGNAME=KUSA&IKOBJECTID=f25d6ec4-0abe-421a-00ae-610f7d02be05&TEMPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf">Buffalo Mountain</a> is just a bit south of my in-law's mountain house. It's a hike but supposed to be well worth it.

NoKnees
05-19-2005, 09:58 AM
Naw, doesn't look like I'll get up there to ride. Switching to summer mode for the most part these days. Has it been raining much around the lake lately? Decent amount of moisture ran throught he Bay Area yesterday and this morning... Looks to be clearning now though..

You actually have time to think about boarding?

Link to the trip (http://www.splitboard.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=726) report of last weekends bc splitboard trip I flaked on... Looks like I missed out a bit..

elex
05-19-2005, 10:40 AM
Naw, doesn't look like I'll get up there to ride. Switching to summer mode for the most part these days. Has it been raining much around the lake lately? Decent amount of moisture ran throught he Bay Area yesterday and this morning... Looks to be clearning now though..

You actually have time to think about boarding?

Link to the trip (http://www.splitboard.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=726) report of last weekends bc splitboard trip I flaked on... Looks like I missed out a bit..

Actually I have to think about riding. This is when my season starts actually.

Been windy & rainy, got a few inches of snow the other day, but it melted off quickly.

I have a feeling I'll get more summer than I want in San Clemente. I guess I need to buy some shorts, Jesus stompers(flip flops), a cool necklace & get that bikini wax.

no E in bikini,although some wish there were

NoKnees
05-20-2005, 02:56 PM
Yah, I don't think you'll have a shortage of sunshine down in SC. At least you can jump in the water down there when it gets hot without imediately cramping up or risking hypothermia. Speaking of SC, I'm heading to Santa Cruz tomorrow for my first sand vball tourney of the year. Just a little tune-up but should be fun. At least with the weather forecast calling for plenty of sun the sight seeing should be good.

Was cruising ebay the other day and saw the Smokin' Jay is unloading all his overstocked boards for $199 each or something like that. Still trips me out how he managed to get a top 10 board and best new board manufacturer award. Musta been the good advice he got from talking to you.. ;)

elex
05-23-2005, 09:16 AM
Yah, I don't think you'll have a shortage of sunshine down in SC. At least you can jump in the water down there when it gets hot without imediately cramping up or risking hypothermia. Speaking of SC, I'm heading to Santa Cruz tomorrow for my first sand vball tourney of the year. Just a little tune-up but should be fun. At least with the weather forecast calling for plenty of sun the sight seeing should be good.

Was cruising ebay the other day and saw the Smokin' Jay is unloading all his overstocked boards for $199 each or something like that. Still trips me out how he managed to get a top 10 board and best new board manufacturer award. Musta been the good advice he got from talking to you.. ;)

He's an interesting guy, just spoke with him last week. He slightly overproduced, not by much, but a guy has to pay rent & eat somehow. Thus the ebay boards. I've been helping him & Logic Snowboards(Vancouver,BC). It's tough since there is a shortage of suppliers. Jason who is also a one man show made boards for Endeavor, he use to work with Prior for years. Super cool guy & makes very high quality boards, his Endeavor board got a top 10. This year the top 10 test was at Bear, so I'm pretty sure only jib boards got in. I love that test & hate it. This year we could only send one board, so hopefully you send the right one.

How did the VB tourny go? Weather must have been perfect down there. Did the joints & tendons hold up ok.
e

NoKnees
05-23-2005, 12:10 PM
Nice to hear about the little shops producing some good quality to keep the big guys honest. And yah, when you can only send it one board, you really do hope you send the right one for the riders and conditions that it will be tested with. Definitely a bit of a gamble. That's got to be a bit frustrating.

As for vball, the body parts are all still intact... Little swelling in the knee, but nothing major. Weather was quite nice down in Santa Cruz. Air temps mid 80's, with temps on the sand into the 100's.... Too hot to just bake in the sun, so shade was key. Sand socks were needed mid day on the courts further from the water as the high iron content causes some pretty crazy temps in the sand. Saw a few folks with their feet blistering up... Been there, done that, hated it...

Definitely a nice day for site seeing though. Hard to keep focused on the right game at times... Something about athletic folks dressed for the temps...

Played some baseball on Sunday as well. Pitched 3 innings without causing any new pains, or agravating any old ones. Still having some control issues though, but nothing new there. I like to think of myself as effectively wild... Gave up 1 run on a weak hit after an error in the field and a walk.. Other than that, did okay.. Another 6 or 7 strikeouts for 3 innings. Fun stuff... Couldn't hit the ball though.. 0 for 3 at the plate. Line out, ground out, strike out... Very unimpressive... First 0 for x game.. Good thing I don't make my living doing this.

elex
05-23-2005, 02:02 PM
I think last year they had 250 boards to test. Wow a whole run on a board, can be sort of a crap shoot.

Finally been nice up here, no blistering feet. Glad you stayed injury free, wish I was there. Been nice to see some appropriately dressed vb players, you were referring to women right? Baseball, never played passed t-ball. Think we should call you NI or NoIchirro. Sounds like you can pitch though. It's good know some of your strikeouts are good to have.

I move in one week, but fortunately my place isn't rented yet, I don't have a house to move into, but I do have a UHaul. Everybody wants to come up this weekend, which blows donkey.
later,
e

libtech58
05-23-2005, 02:38 PM
Well i'm not in Tahoe, but Timberline shredding isn't too bad for the rough season we've had. Anyone else around that area this summer?

elex
05-23-2005, 06:10 PM
Well i'm not in Tahoe, but Timberline shredding isn't too bad for the rough season we've had. Anyone else around that area this summer?

I'll probably make it up there for the Burton contest & later on in the summer/fall if they are still going. Timberline does a great job of farming snow. The only real difference is that you the amount of terrain will be less in June.
e