PDA

View Full Version : Tuckerman's Ravine?

capn_krotch
05-02-2005, 12:29 PM
Has anybody ridden this guy or know any specifics? Me and a few friends wanna make a trip this month but dont know anything about it besides the fact that its in New Hampshire. Also, is there potential to build booters?
Thanks in advance
-Alex

canuck
05-02-2005, 12:42 PM
Well, it's steep, and you could probably build kickers....but I'm on the wrong coast....sorry bro.

canuck
05-02-2005, 12:49 PM
this looks like a good place to start: http://www.tuckerman.org/

...and this line looks pretty sweet if there's enough snow!

canuck
05-02-2005, 12:57 PM
and make sure you have avalanche beacons....late March this year, skiier triggered.

Tantrum
05-02-2005, 01:13 PM
I'm not an expert on Tuckerman Ravine, I just play one on SBR.Slow day today?:p

NoKnees
05-02-2005, 01:59 PM
I really don't have anything to add beyond what's been said. Definitely some cool challenging lines out there, as well as some crowds on the weekends if the weather is any good.

Go early, try to go during the week, and hope for good weather... It can get nasty quick out there.

Oh, and if you check recent photos there are some from April 26th. Things are melting fast, so it more like "wet slides" and crevasses will be more of a concern. Looks like some fun terrain is still rideable off the Chutes and Headwall though... Sometime I'll head out there just to do it. Would be a nice feather to have in one's cap..