PDA

View Full Version : One last day?

NoKnees
04-28-2005, 10:50 AM
Trying to figure out if one last day up to Kirkwood is in order... Some snow falling, and well, it's there...

Report from this morning:

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="345"> <tbody><tr><td colspan="4" class="h2">Snow Stats (snow totals in inches)</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="text" width="90"> Last 24 hours </td> <td class="text" width="50">6"</td> <td class="text" width="130">Season Total Range</td> <td class="text" width="60">
640-804"
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="text"> Last 48 hours </td> <td class="text">6"</td> <td class="text">Base Depth </td> <td class="text">
166-220"
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="text">Storm Total</td> <td class="text">6"</td> <td class="text"> </td></tr></tbody> </table>

canuck
04-28-2005, 11:39 AM
interior latex??
a few gallons of stain for the sundeck?

tough call!

NoKnees
04-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Well, that's why I think I need to go up. Don't own the house yet, so I should make better use of the time that I have left.

I like the fact that Kirkwood broke the 800" mark for the top of the mountain... Not so sure about the numbers they are showing for their current base depth, as those haven't changed in a month. Ah well...

Still snowing up at Whistler, right? Any more turns planned up that way?

canuck
04-28-2005, 12:30 PM
Whistler is open until early June, but it's been hot and sunny for over a week....full on spring riding....

don't know if I'll get up again, have to get our boat going....

elex
05-02-2005, 07:10 AM
Well, that's why I think I need to go up. Don't own the house yet, so I should make better use of the time that I have left.

I like the fact that Kirkwood broke the 800" mark for the top of the mountain... Not so sure about the numbers they are showing for their current base depth, as those haven't changed in a month. Ah well...

Still snowing up at Whistler, right? Any more turns planned up that way?

The base numbers are off, more like 4' not 14'. Alpine is open through may with $33 lift tickets,pass is $99. Tons of hiking left though, not in my yard, only deep piles left where the sun don't shine. 4 weeks till I move, that blows dog.
e dog

Ripzalot
05-03-2005, 02:32 AM
last weekend was the the season finale for G3000. my pass has finally run out! really nice and warm spring conditions both sat and sun. my first time in only a tshirt and shorts. and in other news....G3000 declared bankruptcy. not much doubt that it will simply change ownership and reopen next fall, but at the moment no summer boarding this year.

this coming weekend is a 4 day weekend. and bizarrely enough, we have about a half meter or so of snow coming, 0C dropping to 1100m, -16C at top. spring? what spring?

hmmmm, zermatt, saas fee, chamonix, or engleberg? decisions decisions.

NoKnees
05-03-2005, 08:46 AM
Yes, a bit more snow schedule for Tahoe later this week as well, but not quite as cold, so "wintery mix" at the base of most resorts. Should make for some great spring riding though up high Definitely some good conditons should last well into June and July... Might sneak out in June for some East Side or Tioga hike/ride.... We'll see... Some killer chutes over there to play in...

Definitley having trouble juggling weekend fun though. Might have to try to take an actual vacation day during the week to ride... What a concept!

Snow Nymph
05-06-2005, 11:48 AM
Still plenty of snow on Mammoth Mountain last weekend: http://community.webshots.com/photo/336511836/336513052fZqDTa

Did some hiking and riding by Rock Creek on Sunday: http://community.webshots.com/album/338156725UdVdYT

Planning to go to Virginia Lakes on the 14-15th. Heard it was good there and the road should be plowed this week.

NoKnees
05-06-2005, 01:47 PM
Yah, saw you replied to the Saddlebag/Viriginia Lakes thread. I think I'm going to try to join you guys up there, at least for some riding Saturday. I'll probably try to bail early Friday from the Bay Area, rid Sat, and head back early Sunday as I have some commitments Sunday afternoon back down here..

Should be nice! Heard top of Mammoth picked up another foot from the latest system, and I've seen some vid of snow falling down to the base of Kirkwood this morning.. Another decent system coming through Sun-Mon-Tues up there. Should be very good above 8k next Sat... Covereage will definnitely not be a problem..