PDA

View Full Version : Whistler backcountry Sunday

canuck
02-20-2004, 09:47 AM
Unfortunatley I'll be going with a skier on touring skis who will so kick my butt on the ascents....

-don't bother saying it Tantrum!

bluebird today

Tantrum
02-20-2004, 10:17 AM
Unfortunatley I'll be going with a skier on touring skis who will so kick my butt on the ascents....

-don't bother saying it Tantrum!

bluebird today
You'll kick some butt on the descents, right?:)

Blue bird at Breck also with 5" new.
http://common.vailnewmedia.com/Mtncams/horseshoebowl.jpg

CanariaChick
02-20-2004, 10:19 AM
a split board with skins, do you think you can demo one, or rent one? they've come a long ways in the last few years.

By the way, I hope you have a blast in the backountry, be safe!!

I guess I never made it to Sunday on my recollection of events at the Mt. Baker LBS, but it was an awesome day spent mainly in the backcountry, we hiked out to Tables where we had line options that ranged from chutes, spines, powder bowls and cliffs, here we have a furry picture of the gang rocking perma-grins at the bottom of the bowl, with Tables and our lines behind, this picture does not do it justice, but below it is another shot of the same area from a different angle (we dropped in by where the cars to the right are), and you can see how it made my week... :D

Coldcat
02-20-2004, 11:35 AM
Yes, I see it. I see it, I see it, I see it! Damn, I want to see you ride in real life, i am quite curious by now!

canuck
02-20-2004, 11:47 AM
Yes, I see it. I see it, I see it, I see it! Damn, I want to see you ride in real life, i am quite curious by now!

well I would like to ride both of you...

er, um, you know what I mean

:cool:

canuck
02-20-2004, 11:53 AM
a split board with skins, do you think you can demo one, or rent one? they've come a long ways in the last few years.

By the way, I hope you have a blast in the backountry, be safe!!

I guess I never made it to Sunday on my recollection of events at the Mt. Baker LBS, but it was an awesome day spent mainly in the backcountry, we hiked out to Tables where we had line options that ranged from chutes, spines, powder bowls and cliffs, here we have a furry picture of the gang rocking perma-grins at the bottom of the bowl, with Tables and our lines behind, this picture does not do it justice, but below it is another shot of the same area from a different angle (we dropped in by where the cars to the right are), and you can see how it made my week... :D

They are having demo days all Feb, so I wil definitely take a peek, whether they'd let me take it out into the backcountry for a few hours is another question though???
sweet photos, who's the chickie in front there???
;)

NoKnees
02-20-2004, 12:36 PM
They are having demo days all Feb, so I wil definitely take a peek, whether they'd let me take it out into the backcountry for a few hours is another question though???
sweet photos, who's the chickie in front there???
;)

They always have a demo split board or two... The one I bought was a demo board from their fleet.. Just swing by on the way up... No worries!

Anyway, have fun regardless... Conditions should be good for a walk'n ride...

And Canaria, nice place for a ride. Looks like a hellava lot of fun.. Gotta love a good ride with friends on terrain like that..

Coldcat
02-20-2004, 02:17 PM
No, I have no clue. Please clarify? With user manual and trick tips if you please?

But rest assured, I *see* what you mean..