PDA

View Full Version : car music

canuck
04-12-2005, 09:04 AM
so I hooked up my ipod to my car using an fm transmitter gadget (monster)....sounds pretty darn good and now I have 300 songs without storing cds allover the frigging place!
Oh, and it charges the ipod at the same time so the lame battery life issue isn't one.

there, had to share..

mehugtree
04-12-2005, 01:30 PM
how does it respond to starting/stopping of the car? does it keep track of where you were? or if you stop to run into a liquor store to buy some Pabst, do you have have to search for the track again?

-mht

canuck
04-12-2005, 02:17 PM
how does it respond to starting/stopping of the car? does it keep track of where you were? or if you stop to run into a liquor store to buy some Pabst, do you have have to search for the track again?

-mht

you're running it from the ipod so when you turn off the ipod it remembers where you are and starts up at the same track. you can adjust the volume via the car stereo, but nothing else.

and let's see, when you run into the store to by some PBR it gets ripped off by the punks in your 'hood.

;)

Tantrum
04-12-2005, 02:20 PM
Why spend the coin for the transmitter when you can just listen to you iPod with the earbuds in while you drive just like all of the other college kids here in Boulder.

Ripzalot
04-13-2005, 03:52 AM
Why spend the coin for the transmitter when you can just listen to you iPod with the earbuds in while you drive just like all of the other college kids here in Boulder.

that's what i do. the quality is just so much better with a set of quality earbuds (sonys). i tried the transmitter but it just doesn't cut it for me.

plus when you get outta the car to get your pabst (or kronenburg) there is no interruption in music. :cool:

canuck
04-13-2005, 07:42 AM
mmmmmm.....kronies....

haven't found the sound that bad, although I am playing it on a crap Volvo stock system!
:o

Tantrum
04-13-2005, 07:52 AM
for the Volva and get a crap stereo?:p

canuck
04-13-2005, 08:16 AM
well, I'm guessing that Depeche Mode or Bananarama would sound fine on it.....

:cool:

Tantrum
04-13-2005, 08:56 AM
the lack of bass and their inherent tinny sound make them perfect for my car stereo.:D