PDA

View Full Version : looking for freestyle board that can handle park AND pipe

yoon3606
03-06-2005, 09:01 PM
you know how pipe boards are supposed to be stiff and narrow and park/rail boards are soft? Im looking for a good board that can handle landing big air/pipe/and some rail. I dont care at all about freeride ability. here is what im thinking

some forum(division or jp walker or destoyer?)
rome (agent or anthem?)
burton uninc
gnu danny kass
ride dh
some lib tech?

i need something around 149cm adn my shoe size is 8. thanks in advance.

MARK
03-07-2005, 08:15 PM
you know how pipe boards are supposed to be stiff and narrow and park/rail boards are soft? Im looking for a good board that can handle landing big air/pipe/and some rail. I dont care at all about freeride ability. here is what im thinking

some forum(division or jp walker or destoyer?)
rome (agent or anthem?)
burton uninc
gnu danny kass
ride dh
some lib tech?

i need something around 149cm adn my shoe size is 8. thanks in advance.

It can be more intricate than just "stiff" or "soft". For example, an all over soft board isn't good for park because, for one reason, you won't get any kind of ollie snap out of the tip/tail. Consider your weight and riding power to help you determine the different flex aspects you like in a board(torsional, tip, tail, middle, etc.) and start flexing some various board models at the stores. If you want to ride switch a lot then possibly consider a true twin tip for solely in the park. Don't go overly deep on the sidecut either as the board will want to hook into a turn on an off balance landing.