PDA

View Full Version : helmet headphone earflaps

dao_girl
02-18-2004, 11:36 PM
I have a Pro-tec halfpipe helmet with the snap-in earflaps. Does anyone still make the headphone earflaps that are compatible with this helmet? I know they used to exist, but now I can't find them anywhere.

The closest thing I found was the ones for the Capix helmets, but I can't tell if they are the same helmet style as the Pro-tec (I've noticed a lot of Pro-tec clones - so I'm assuming there's some big manufacturer out there churning out these helmets). I'm sick of having my earbud-headphones either fall out while riding, or getting accidentally pulled out of my ears when I adjust my jacket.

Reverend SC
02-19-2004, 03:09 PM
I have a Pro-tec halfpipe helmet with the snap-in earflaps. Does anyone still make the headphone earflaps that are compatible with this helmet? I know they used to exist, but now I can't find them anywhere.

The closest thing I found was the ones for the Capix helmets, but I can't tell if they are the same helmet style as the Pro-tec (I've noticed a lot of Pro-tec clones - so I'm assuming there's some big manufacturer out there churning out these helmets). I'm sick of having my earbud-headphones either fall out while riding, or getting accidentally pulled out of my ears when I adjust my jacket.

I can't answer your exact question, but I bought some slim headphones, ripped the ear phones off the band, and had my grandma sew them into my existing button-on flaps. Works great...

MARK
02-20-2004, 05:37 AM
CCS used to sell them. There were also World Industries ones, but those are the only two brands I've seen and CCS's web site didn't turn up anything..