PDA

View Full Version : Oui, oui, monsieur?

LazyL
01-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Man wee-wees (http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1261997.html?menu) his way out of an avalanche.

Beer. Is there anything it can't do? :p

Rampage
01-29-2005, 06:59 PM
This is why those St Bernard dogs carry a vat of beer under their necks, right?!?! Here should be the next headline: Avalanche training takes on whole new meaning as beer manufacturers start sponsoring the event with free cases of beer to all entrants!! Wow, that would be awesome!! Especially if the St Pauly ladies showed up!! :D

Tantrum
01-31-2005, 07:59 AM
60 beers in 4 days? That's .6 beer every hour if he stayed awake the whole time! I can barely drink 2 beers before I'm heading for the couch to snooze!:p Why couldn't he just use the <b>beer</b> to melt the snow? Why waste a good Slovak beer, no?

NoKnees
01-31-2005, 09:08 AM
That's great.... Keep hydrated, maintain caloric intake, and remove oneself from being entombed in snow... Not sure about the smell, but I'm sure after the first 15 beers he didn't mind so much.

elex
01-31-2005, 10:28 AM
Just imagine the splashback! I've never tried pissing out the window, might be difficult, wonder if he tried shooting a steaming stepchild out the window too. I have used the the peeing method to get my old van unstuck on a logging road, aided by beer of course.
pEE

Ripzalot
02-01-2005, 12:49 PM
Why couldn't he just use the <b>beer</b> to melt the snow?

ding ding ding! we have a winner!

i call BS on this story. 60 beers? consider that alcohol dehydrates you, cold beer will bring on hypothermia faster, and you definitely do NOT want to pass out drunk in the cold, this story sounds like an urban legend to me. he would be better off pouring the beer on the snow to melt it.

p.s. st bernards don't carry beer or booze of any kind. now that's definitely an urban legend. probably a hollywood invention.

Snow Nymph
02-01-2005, 06:37 PM
That story gave me an idea this weekend.

We had snow removal from the roof of our condo. Snow was piled up to the 2nd floor and snow filled our 1st floor balcony. We needed firewood, so we shoveled snow, threw it in the tub, and ran hot water til we were able to get to the wood.

Ripzalot
02-03-2005, 10:51 AM
http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/avalanche.asp

NoKnees
02-03-2005, 02:15 PM
Sure, take all the fun out of the story... :)

LazyL
02-03-2005, 03:25 PM
60 beers in 4 days? That's .6 beer every hour if he stayed awake the whole time! I can barely drink 2 beers before I'm heading for the couch to snooze!:p Why couldn't he just use the <b>beer</b> to melt the snow? Why waste a good Slovak beer, no?

It seems a little dubious to me.

And I can't believe how many times I've seen this silly story posted on different message boards, all within a day of each other. It seems to capture the popular imagination.