PDA

View Full Version : Prior Snowboard Demo's in Tahoe Area

NoKnees
01-27-2005, 02:27 PM
Just caught this over on splitboard.com....

Prior Snowboards will be holding demo days this weekend at the following locations:

Friday 1/28 Squaw Valley
Sat 1/29 Kirkwood
Sun 1/30 Mammoth

Prior will have snowboards and skis for demo. splitboards included will be a Khyber 160 and BC 165, possibly more if they can get them in the van before departing tomorrow from Whistler.

this is Prior's first official demo tour in CA and the states. more dates in the NW will follow the initial CA dates. for more info check out:
http://www.priorsnowboards.com/

------------------------------------
This company has some great stuff. Definitely worth checking out if you are in the area...

deepakhj
02-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Who is Prior? I missed the Burton demo day. I really want to demo a jib board and see how I like it. Something super flexible.

NoKnees
02-01-2005, 12:01 PM
Prior is a small board manufacturer located up in Whistler, B.C. They've been around for about 15 years now, most notable for their alpine race boards, but more recently for their ski's and regular snowboards. Their biggest growth area is in the backcountry split boards. Anyway, they are just now starting to work on more general distribution outside of B.C.

They make all kinds of boards, but I'm only familiar with their alpine, splits, powder, and freeride boards. Haven't heard any feedback on the freestyle stuff...

They aren't cheap, but they are very durable and stand by their product. Good folks..

Ripzalot
02-01-2005, 12:42 PM
This company has some great stuff. Definitely worth checking out if you are in the area...

Tell them they need to get over to Swallowmania! :D

Yes, I'm back from Swallowmania. And can you believe it, I didn't even swallow. Snow was pretty crappy at La Grave. That big storm didn't push that far south. Details later. Working up a trip report....

NoKnees
02-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Bummer... Oh well, at least you got to go ride? Looking forward to the TR...

Snow Nymph
02-01-2005, 06:31 PM
They changed their itinerary and didn't make it to Mammoth. My Khyber should be here any day now. Still waiting. I was hoping to demo one this weekend.

Now I'll be looking for beacons, probes, etc. All kinds of new toys!