PDA

View Full Version : Splitboarding in Tahoe

NoKnees
01-21-2005, 11:52 AM
No, I haven't got my lazy arse outta my work chair long enough to go splitting... But other did over this last weekend and have some great photos to show for it. Unfortunately, over at splitboard.com the message board is down so I can't link to the thread just yet, but I'll update this message when I can. In the meantime, here's a taste of it...

Btw, this guy was on a home made splitboard... He doesn't suck....

http://splitboard.com/TR_PICS/ralston_to_echo/8.jpg

evilninja
01-21-2005, 02:04 PM
Thats what snow looks like! We have lost alot of snow up here in the Pacific Northwest. So I havent had a chance to go splitting either. You better get out there and take advantage so I can live vicariously through you! Later!

chapell

NoKnees
01-21-2005, 03:26 PM
I saw the weather over the last few days up there and it's nasty... Cold, then warm, rain, and all... Nasty stuff... The whole PNW is just not happening this year... It's weird...

And yes, I do need to get out and touch that stuff this weekend. Hopefully I'll day trip it tomorrow... We'll see...

evilninja
01-21-2005, 03:45 PM
Have you done much splitboarding in general, Ive only had mine out a couple of trips....I founds that I am not a good skier...I suck actually.
Have fun making turns. I luckily got to enjoy some very light powder right before the Pineapple Exprees came to town. Hopefully it will leave soon.
later!
me

REON
01-21-2005, 05:10 PM
NK, if you're coming to Heavenly tomorrow let me know. It's been pretty sweet the last 2 days, a little crusty in the AM but super warm and soft in the afternoon. I'm pretty bummed there isn't any fresh left, but it's still a good time.