PDA

View Full Version : Darnit

Nyogthalord
01-13-2005, 01:03 AM
http://www.cafepress.com/dumpdumbya.15690989

Twit happens! I must have one of these for my board... I usually detest stickers, but in this case!
================================================== ====================
Wrote everyone a long post <GROAN> detailing what I been up to, including boarding...

I'm working at one of the Indiana resorts as a humble liftie, just for fun. Made plenty of money consulting last year (Linux, OpenBSD, security, etc.) and thought this might be fun, give me a bit more time on the hill.

Update: I've taught two more people how to ride (after buying them a lesson). Just goes to show that just because someone can do flips/backflips.etc on a board, doesn't necessarily mean they should be teaching people how to do the basics.... Nonetheless, I had them riding reasonably comfortably down the hill by end of night.

My son is now 5, and able to nearly buckle himself in and out alone. He gets to ride for free at Paoli this season, hope to take him out.

Hope things are well with Snafu, rosewater, Mark, T and others. I've been working on a (Lovecraft-themed horror)movie (a feature film) and writing some fiction as well. You're welcome to email me if it sounds interesting.

May your flakes be big and your powder mornings deep and uncrowded. Oh yeah, please slow down near children, too.

Ripzalot
01-13-2005, 10:29 AM
it would clash with my w'04 sticker....

CanariaChick
01-13-2005, 11:51 AM
Dude, this feels like one of those cheesy reality shows where people switch environments: Let's place an Euro in America, while we transplant an American to Europe, and let hillarity ensue! Stay tunned for next week's show, Jan. 20, while one toasts in celebration in Switzerland, the other rallies for peace in Seattle... woohoo, let the party begin! :D (I bet now FOX is gonna steal my idea)

However, I do have curiosity about what's holding you there. I mean, most of you already know about my issue the last few years with wanting to move back home, but not really being entirely free to do so, due to my in-law family here (an issue that is now finally resolved, and we'll be moving in 6 months) so, is your wife Swiss? got kids? CIA EuroOps? lol

Really, if it's just money, Halliburton/KBR is hiring, they need peeps with your enthusiasm, you should be in Iraq cheerleading the deeds of your homeboy. Support the troops by keeping the supply line alive! ...and don't forget to get your truck-sized decal W stickers, wouldn't want the Iraqis miss you when they throw you flowers and tiramisu... :cool:

chuckie
01-13-2005, 12:31 PM
Dude, this feels like one of those cheesy reality shows where people switch environments: Let's place an Euro in America, while we transplant an American to Europe, and let hillarity ensue! Stay tunned for next week's show, Jan. 20, while one toasts in celebration in Switzerland, the other rallies for peace in Seattle... woohoo, let the party begin! :D (I bet now FOX is gonna steal my idea)

However, I do have curiosity about what's holding you there. I mean, most of you already know about my issue the last few years with wanting to move back home, but not really being entirely free to do so, due to my in-law family here (an issue that is now finally resolved, and we'll be moving in 6 months) so, is your wife Swiss? got kids? CIA EuroOps? lol

Really, if it's just money, Halliburton/KBR is hiring, they need peeps with your enthusiasm, you should be in Iraq cheerleading the deeds of your homeboy. Support the troops by keeping the supply line alive! ...and don't forget to get your truck-sized decal W stickers, wouldn't want the Iraqis miss you when they throw you flowers and tiramisu... :cool:

Word, and word...
As much as I have enjoyed spreading my own brand of state sponsored destruction, mayhem, and terror in the past, that's one party I would have definitely taken a pass on. In fact it's definitely missions like the current one in IRAQ that convinced me to leave that line of work.

Who's "W", is he president or something?

Ripzalot
01-14-2005, 12:04 PM

Excellent idea.....but my side of the reality show would be quite boring. No rallies or protests, just quite evenings on my balcony admiring the sunsets over the Alps. ;)

Sadly, I'm just a lowly overpaid computer nerd. I've been here 7 years and got my C permit after 5. That gives me carte blanche to stay here as long as I want. Even if I lose my job, they can't kick me out. Wife is American (go figure). No kids and no desire for them. I'm too much a kid myself.

Yes, the money is good here and with the falling dollar getting better by the day. I supported Halliburton by buying stock just before the election. I'm waaaaay up on that position now! Thanks to all you leftys who helped drive the market down before the election in spite of every major economic indicator steadily rising. Unwarrented pessimism is always a good buy signal. :cool:

Don't delude yourself. Not all Iraqis are insurgents. They are the extreme minority that gets all the attention. Kinda like the American left. Have fun at the rallies!