PDA

View Full Version : New Ride for 2005

SpudBoy3
12-28-2004, 10:43 AM
Was wonderin' if I could pick your brains a little. I am looking for a new board to replace my Illuminati Pentagon 164W. I went with a wide specific board three years ago and although I love the floatation in pow, the edge to edge response is a little slow. I have size 11 Salomon's with Drake F-60 bindings and freeride exclusively. I am looking for a relatively stiff board with fantastic edge control and stability at speed. Reduced vibration characteristics would be a plus.

Some boards that have caught my eye include:

Never Summer T-5 163
Donek Incline Wide 161
Arbor A-Frame 162
K2 Nemesis 162

I have been looking at mid wide boards @ 26 cm. Was wondering how much lower I could go if I grab some Palmer Power Links? I am 6'-0" and weight @ 175. Ride predominantly Sierra Cement.

Thanks all.

elex
12-29-2004, 05:45 AM
Was wonderin' if I could pick your brains a little. I am looking for a new board to replace my Illuminati Pentagon 164W. I went with a wide specific board three years ago and although I love the floatation in pow, the edge to edge response is a little slow. I have size 11 Salomon's with Drake F-60 bindings and freeride exclusively. I am looking for a relatively stiff board with fantastic edge control and stability at speed. Reduced vibration characteristics would be a plus.

Some boards that have caught my eye include:

Never Summer T-5 163
Donek Incline Wide 161
Arbor A-Frame 162
K2 Nemesis 162

I have been looking at mid wide boards @ 26 cm. Was wondering how much lower I could go if I grab some Palmer Power Links? I am 6'-0" and weight @ 175. Ride predominantly Sierra Cement.

Thanks all.

Depends on boots you have. I'm not an expert in boots, but I have noticed that my size 11's can very greatly in size,up tp 1.5cm. I have trouble getting my feet into most size 11's, but am now riding size 10's with a moldable liner that has a neoprene toe box, this conforms around the toes. This has open the doors greatly for me. Most likely you can go with 25.3 to 26cm waist, aim for the middle of this. If you ride steeper angles & use Palmer plates then you can aim more for 25.3 waist. Doneks & NS don't have a very deep sidecuts, which means they are not much wider at the areas your feet are at.
e

SpudBoy3
12-29-2004, 07:49 AM
I am currently riding 02/03 Salomon Dialogues. I am unsure whether these boots run small/large to others in its category. Stance angles currently +21 front / +12 back. I would like to go to a narrower board even if it means using the Palmers, but still want good floatation in pow.

Also looking at some of the Steepwater Boards:

http://www.steepwatersnowboards.com/index.cfm

Thanks for the feedback.

elex
12-29-2004, 10:05 AM
I am currently riding 02/03 Salomon Dialogues. I am unsure whether these boots run small/large to others in its category. Stance angles currently +21 front / +12 back. I would like to go to a narrower board even if it means using the Palmers, but still want good floatation in pow.

Also looking at some of the Steepwater Boards:

http://www.steepwatersnowboards.com/index.cfm

Thanks for the feedback.
Salomon does a very good job on keeping the boots small, with those angles & Palmer plates you can easily be in the low 25's for waist width. I have not ridden the Steepwaters, but the people I know(who are not that great of riders) were not that stoked on them. Good that it's local,but still. I've heard great things about NS, I would check out Unity also. Or give Glissade a ring, they have one of their offices in SF. I still have friends on those boards, granted most ride for them.

HomerSimpson
12-29-2004, 08:24 PM
Risers! Get your set of riser plates under your bindings and you can ride narrower boards. I personally don't have experience w/ them since I have pretty average feet.