PDA

View Full Version : board size

frog
02-17-2004, 08:11 PM
hi all i'm looking at a new board this year, maybe the Ride Yukon, is there much difference between that and the Timeless, the only thing i can see is its a bit wider ( i've got size 12.5 boots) than the timeless. What other boards can anyone reccomend for the bigger footed rider, have been riding for about 3 years, and seem to be able to go anywhere without to much trouble.

cheers frog :cool:

MARK
02-18-2004, 05:32 AM
hi all i'm looking at a new board this year, maybe the Ride Yukon, is there much difference between that and the Timeless, the only thing i can see is its a bit wider ( i've got size 12.5 boots) than the timeless. What other boards can anyone reccomend for the bigger footed rider, have been riding for about 3 years, and seem to be able to go anywhere without to much trouble.

cheers frog :cool:
Yes, the Yukon is a wider version of the Timeless. A good freeride board that's on the stiffer side. Your other option is to go with more of a mid-wide board for better edge to edge quickness and add Palmer Power Links under your bindings. This set up would work well, as long as it's not on a board like the Timeless as it has a step cap construction and thus the Powerlink wings could not be brought out all the way to the board's sidewalls.

frog
02-19-2004, 12:44 AM
I'm using Drake MTX bindings that have the ramps at the toe & heal, they seem to work well, i have been riding a Ride Mountain 168, with no trouble for the past couple of years. i was looking at the Yukon, as ride seem to think its as good as the Timeless only a bit wider??? Also the new 04/05 Yukon has some very cool graphics, its all black top with a thunder cloud and lightning bolt coming out of it.(not that that really matters). cheers