PDA

View Full Version : No new snow in Tahoe.. No matter...

NoKnees
12-22-2004, 05:28 PM
An nice corn harvest on Mt. Tallac over the weekend in Tahoe... Full trip report and great photos here. (http://www.splitboard.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=181)

http://splitboard.com/TR_PICS/south_ramp_12-18-04/2b.jpg

Don't let a little crack running down the middle of your board slow you down...

elex
12-22-2004, 09:31 PM
Sick pic! Reminds me that I need to talk with Zak. Snows a comin, which is good since the 1/4 pipe is one huge ice chunk. Kind of scared to hit, made her a little big. I might be hitting Rainier next monday, the 69 has been neglected. Are you riding Northstar the whole time next week, might be good to hit ASR.
e

elex
12-22-2004, 09:45 PM
Just checked the forcast, might skip Rainier & fly back mon morning instead. Forcast is looking dam good.
e

NoKnees
12-23-2004, 07:33 AM
Tough call. Lift served powder or hike for some variable stuff?

As for where I'm riding, not sure. Probably Alpine, Squaw, and if there's a windy stormy day closing the big hills we'll just hit up Homewood. Maybe, just maybe Northstar during the week if it's stormy and they are still able to run. Might hit Sugarbowl on the way out the Sunday after New Years... Who knows... We might run around the lake to Heavenly a day as we've got a pass for a day there somewhere from the last Warren Miller film...

Anyway, my cell should work. If not, I'll leave you a voicemail with the cabin number where we'll be at in Donner...

elex
12-23-2004, 10:33 AM
Tough call. Lift served powder or hike for some variable stuff?

As for where I'm riding, not sure. Probably Alpine, Squaw, and if there's a windy stormy day closing the big hills we'll just hit up Homewood. Maybe, just maybe Northstar during the week if it's stormy and they are still able to run. Might hit Sugarbowl on the way out the Sunday after New Years... Who knows... We might run around the lake to Heavenly a day as we've got a pass for a day there somewhere from the last Warren Miller film...

Anyway, my cell should work. If not, I'll leave you a voicemail with the cabin number where we'll be at in Donner...

Yeah, ASR might be sketchy, should be lots of new snow, but dry snow & rocks don't mix. Plus it gets a lot of wind there. I have a free lift ticket to Kirkwood which I need to use before the years up. Going to hopefully build some sort of ST before the snow arrives.

NoKnees
12-23-2004, 11:24 AM
Ah, a new swallow for the season? That'd be cool. Still bummed I didn't take a few turns on yours last year when we had the snow for it... So going for a similar size/shape/flex as last year? Can't believe how many folks are going with the big spooned nose + tappered tail shorter boards these days. Prior with their Khyber, we all know the Burton Fish but they have a befier Malalo or something like that as well now...

Hopefully I'll get a few turns in on that OSIN I picked up last season... Still curious how the bow, um, nose, will feel in good snow... I'll also be trying out a Ride No. 4 on the days that the snow isn't too impressive... Heard mixed reviews on it and my can't wait to put it to the test...

Anyway, keep thinking snow... Forecast looks good and cold. Keeping fingers crossed...

elex
12-23-2004, 12:11 PM
I have the base & core done. Think I'm going to just press & just start trimming away pieces till I have what I want. Also, working on another board that will do the pow but isn't an ST. I really don't think the Fish style is the answer.