View Full Version : Tragedy for Metal fans

Ripzalot
12-09-2004, 07:00 AM
I am so bummed right now....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=314868

CanariaChick
12-09-2004, 10:00 AM
...and bang'em like you just don't care

Totally insane Ripz, I just got the e-mail from a budy, and my jaw totally dropped... WTF??!!

Peeple are going insane, let me tell you. "Dime" was a cool guy that lived for his music, why would anyone want to kill him? or the three other people in the audience that got fatally shot as well? It just doesn't make sense... :(

mehugtree
12-09-2004, 08:41 PM
first ODB, now Dimebag. the voices of our generation are, well, kickin.

so...rock v rap:

who wins:

1)stars killed by fans(or because of their music, let's say)

2)fans(same) killed by stars

3)stars killed by themselves.

my votes:
1)rap
2)rock
3)rock(white lion???) (or soccer, really)

-mht

Ripzalot
12-10-2004, 01:47 AM
Peeple are going insane, let me tell you. "Dime" was a cool guy that lived for his music, why would anyone want to kill him? or the three other people in the audience that got fatally shot as well? It just doesn't make sense... :(

i did an hour long tribute jam to pantera last night. i probably listen to pantera at least a couple times a month. coincidentally "Mouth for War" is one of my all time favorite metal tunes. :D

i just read that the shooter was upset of the breakup of Pantera. rot in hell you fücking sick bästärd :( i can't remember being so upset over a rock musician being killed since randy rhoads died. and, uh no, white lion don't count. (no disrespect intended).

RIP Darrell....

MARK
12-10-2004, 06:40 AM
Those in the music scene here are saying that Vinnie died as well after being taken to the hospital. For some reason reports on-line are saying that he was taken off-stage and questioned, but other people from around the US are saying he did in fact die. Have to wait and see...

beez
12-10-2004, 09:33 AM
Has been going through my head all morning.

CanariaChick
12-10-2004, 02:09 PM
Well, apparently Dime and his brother started Damageplan, because Pantera had become "too close minded" (their words) and they wanted to keep a more open approach to music... fair enough.

Then today, BBC reported this: Break up blamed (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4086101.stm) linking to a recent article in Metal Hammer, in which Phil Anselmo quotes "Dime deserves to be beaten severely" in the front page (was this comment Nathan Gale's inspiration to get up on stage and shoot Dime?).
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40618000/jpg/_40618963_metal_hammer_203.jpg

In lieu of this, I can only say, Phil Anselmo is a Moron (but I won't say he deserves to be beaten severely, just in case some fan takes it too literally).

Ripzalot
12-13-2004, 01:52 AM
In lieu of this, I can only say, Phil Anselmo is a Moron (but I won't say he deserves to be beaten severely, just in case some fan takes it too literally).

hopefully the fans will vote with their dollars and phil will head off into obscurity.