PDA

View Full Version : (coming out of the woodwork) binding thoughts

mehugtree
11-23-2004, 09:50 AM
so like, I might actually ride this year?? maybe even more than once!! wow!!!

I have a brand new Ride (well, a year old or so, but still in the bag) and it needs bindings. You may have gathered that I don't keep up with all the latest technology, so I have no idea what's going on with bindings. I'm assuming that cheap bindings now are as good as expensive ones were a couple years ago?

anyways, at my local radical board shop (Galyans), they have some 5150 2000's (and they have a very punk rock box, so I know they are cool) for like $80. Also some Ride LS's for a mere $120. LX is $139. No punk rock packaging, though. darnit.

Would either of these be good for a couple of days abuse a year? Recommend other cheapies or must have's? I'm going to look like a kook on the slopes anyways, so I don't give a damn about brand.

thanks!

-mht

BillinDenver
11-23-2004, 09:59 AM
I love my Flow's and they're in the $120 range as I recall (FL-11). No strapping, just step in, flip up and ride. I can strap in while sitting on the lift...or on the glide coming off. If you are the type that cranks the straps down till you cut off circulation in your feet and have to stop twice per run to loosen them so your toes stop hurting...then crank them back super tight to ride (TBONEand CLAUDIA), then you're not going to like the flows. They feel to me the same as my strap bindings did, without the arch pain I used to get with straps. But I was never the type that had my friends put a foot up against my shins so they could crank my bindings tighter for me (TBONE and CLAUDIA).

You do have to get them adjusted right, which is a bit of a deal the first ride or two...but after you have them the way you want them....step in, flip up...wait for the strap-on types (TBONE and CLAUDIA). Canuck, get your mind out of the gutter. Damm Canadians. :rolleyes:

Bill

Tantrum
11-23-2004, 09:59 AM
You haven't found a way to work in duct tape into the mix. Surely you have some old bindings that could use a few rounds of duct tape?

I just bought some Flows but haven't had much experience as of yet. I like the easy-in easy-out concept.

BTW, Mrs. T loves the Tantrum sticker you sent me. Tres chic here in CO.

canuck
11-23-2004, 10:19 AM
first off they are now called "binders"

you still rocking the old school sorel boots?

MARK
11-23-2004, 03:18 PM
so like, I might actually ride this year?? maybe even more than once!! wow!!!

I have a brand new Ride (well, a year old or so, but still in the bag) and it needs bindings. You may have gathered that I don't keep up with all the latest technology, so I have no idea what's going on with bindings. I'm assuming that cheap bindings now are as good as expensive ones were a couple years ago?

anyways, at my local radical board shop (Galyans), they have some 5150 2000's (and they have a very punk rock box, so I know they are cool) for like $80. Also some Ride LS's for a mere $120. LX is $139. No punk rock packaging, though. darnit.

Would either of these be good for a couple of days abuse a year? Recommend other cheapies or must have's? I'm going to look like a kook on the slopes anyways, so I don't give a damn about brand.

thanks!

-mht
I recommend that you email me...NOW!

DrBunda
11-24-2004, 06:59 AM
LOL!! Dude, you crack me up.

Breck got 3 more inches in the last 24 hours and we're headed to Houston. Bummer!!