PDA

View Full Version : Weight range for new board - HELP!

FreeClimb
11-15-2004, 09:51 AM
Hi all,

I need some help with a new board purchase. I'm looking at a board with a recommended weight range of 135-185. I'm below the max recommended weight by 5 pounds. Would it be okay for me to get the board or should I consider a longer board? The reason I want this specific board length is so I can play around in the park.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

MARK
11-15-2004, 08:09 PM
Hi all,

I need some help with a new board purchase. I'm looking at a board with a recommended weight range of 135-185. I'm below the max recommended weight by 5 pounds. Would it be okay for me to get the board or should I consider a longer board? The reason I want this specific board length is so I can play around in the park.

Depends on the board and the type of snow you will also be riding outside of the park. What board is it(model/length)? Where do you ride? What is your boot size?

SMR
11-16-2004, 11:27 AM
Hi all,

With all your gear on you will probably be at least 5 lbs heavier. Regardless, I don't have much faith in a lot of companies weight ranges for boards, flew ratings for boots etc. If that is your only concern I would get it as long as it's the right width and length.