PDA

View Full Version : Hard Mock

mehugtree
02-16-2004, 07:38 PM
so Tantrum was talking about cheesy 80's music (shocker!). Well, The Darkness to be exact. Pretty good stuff. If you like that, you'll probably LOVE Electric Six. Same funny falsetto, but with a disco feel and hilarious lyrics. Stuff like "My girl's white, white like the light, never like the light" and a song about "improper dancing".

Great stuff!

I saw em in concert a while ago, and they were pretty damn funny, but just recently listened to the words and totally dig it. Some lyrics could come from a modern bling-bling rap song "I make more money than you, I ride around in my limo, that's what I was born to do", but it's so sarcastic you can't help but giggle.

Like a little girl.

-mht(done with my monthly postings)

Tantrum
02-16-2004, 08:18 PM
you need a job where you can wile away the day posting irrelevant things, like me and Canuck.:D

I threw out the Darkness because I thought it was a parody act, but it has come to my attention that they are dead serious about their music. Go figure. I think I'll pass.

mehugtree
02-16-2004, 09:19 PM
At first listen, I dismissed The Darkness. But after listening to it for a while, I kind of dig it! It does have some of those elements that I liked in the cheese rock of the 80's, but somehow, it's easier to swallow because you don't HAVE to take them seriously.

For XMAS I made my sister (who actually likes hair bands) a CD set called " 4 Barrel's of CHEESE" One CD was " (the) Darkness vs Electric (six)", another CD was from an 80's band called "NITRO" (all in caps), who both the previous bands probably got their inspiration from. And the 4th CD (actually 3rd physical CD, 4th CD's worth of music. picky) called "80's Poser Rock", with the likes of The BullettBoys and Enuff Z'nuff. gawd!

so I've been covered in cheese lately.

-mht

Tantrum
02-17-2004, 07:41 AM
I'll give them a try. Can I make snide comments to myself while I listen?;)

CanariaChick
02-17-2004, 12:02 PM
For XMAS I made my sister (who actually likes hair bands) a CD set called " 4 Barrel's of CHEESE" One CD was " (the) Darkness vs Electric (six)", another CD was from an 80's band called "NITRO" (all in caps), who both the previous bands probably got their inspiration from. And the 4th CD (actually 3rd physical CD, 4th CD's worth of music. picky) called "80's Poser Rock", with the likes of The BullettBoys and Enuff Z'nuff. gawd!

so I've been covered in cheese lately.

-mht

Hold the '80s cheese, since you are heading to the UK what you need is Witchfinder General!
http://www.buoy.com/~bonfire/witchfindergen.jpg

Reverend SC
02-17-2004, 02:03 PM
For those who live in the Sacramento area, a new radio station just came on the air, 103.9, all 80's all the time. They're doing 10,000 songs without commercial to kick off the station. OMG, I haven't heard so much 80's music since, well, you know...

Bay Area folks should tune in on their way to Tahoe... :cool:

Tantrum
02-17-2004, 03:02 PM
Our local 80s station went off the air a while ago. I guess I was the only listener.:D

It has been replaced with a Spanish language station. I haven't changed my presets on the radio so when I cycle through, I have to stop and get my groove on with some acordian music. Ordale!