PDA

View Full Version : Food chain...

NoKnees
08-23-2004, 11:15 AM
My buddy does quite a bit of kayak fishing off the north Cal coast up here. I've gone out with him once, and have been meaning to go out again. Anyway, he's been doing pretty well lately and has set me up with some fresh salmon. Couple weeks back gave me a nice little 8lb salmon he caught that morning. Had some as sushi while I prepared a nice ginger/soy marinade to grill it with. Awesome stuff...

Anyway, another local kayak fisherman recently shared some photos from a trip he took last month just north of here... Appears he wasn't the only one fishing in this spot...

canuck
08-23-2004, 01:24 PM
YIKES!!!!!!!

I think I'd be soiling my gortex...

Tantrum
08-23-2004, 01:25 PM
Any idea on the type of shark sniffing the bow of the flimsy kayak? Can you say snack?:eek: I knew you could.

canuck
08-23-2004, 01:28 PM
well, judging by the telemetry and symmetry of the dorsal fin, I'd say it was a....
BIG one.

Tantrum
08-23-2004, 01:48 PM
swimming around with a fake fin on his back.:p

LazyL
08-23-2004, 02:28 PM
...who got his head nipped off by a shark recently up in NorCal? Yikes.

The ocean up there frightens me.
:(

canuck
08-23-2004, 02:39 PM
ya, but that was simply a case of mistaken identity...all you have to do is whistle a few show-tunes while harvesting your shellfish to avoid a similar fate.

NoKnees
08-23-2004, 04:20 PM
That ab diver was a sad one. Guy surfaces with his friend... "A fish" comes up between them, and his friend dissapears leaving only read water where he once was...

Then again, just being on the beach at night is dangerous further up the NorCal coast. Poor couple got knocked off in their sleep. Single shot to the head each... Unlike the little sharky incident can't claim that was a mistake. At least the big fish have an excuse...

elex
08-27-2004, 11:20 AM
That's a great picture. When I encounter sharks in L Tahoe I roll into a ball & play dead. Sounds like the meal you guys made hit the spot. How's the job treating you these days? Still hectic?
e

NoKnees
08-30-2004, 10:21 AM
Definitely hectic, but better. The hours have come down only a little, but I at least have the illusion of being in control working for me. I'm not as stressed at least... Guess that counts for something..

BTW, took a look at Transworld's buyer's guide... Saw an add for K2's newest hybrid flow'esque style binding. "K2 Cinche" or something like that. Looks like some good competition for Flow..... Doesn't have the "power triangle" but....

elex
08-31-2004, 04:21 PM
Definitely hectic, but better. The hours have come down only a little, but I at least have the illusion of being in control working for me. I'm not as stressed at least... Guess that counts for something..

BTW, took a look at Transworld's buyer's guide... Saw an add for K2's newest hybrid flow'esque style binding. "K2 Cinche" or something like that. Looks like some good competition for Flow..... Doesn't have the "power triangle" but....

Sanity is half the battle,pay is also half & loving your work is a third..
Funny thing about the Cinch is that I drew up the original concept back in 97 or so. It was a true step in though,it did the exact same thing,I just couldn't figure out how to make it work with out tons of snowjam. The binding was for Ride back then,but the guy is now the man at K2.
e

NoKnees
09-01-2004, 08:50 AM
As you've said before, things happen real slow in the binding world.

I'll sit back and wait and see what the field tests show with regards to actual usability with that thing. Should be interesting..

elex
09-01-2004, 11:53 AM
As you've said before, things happen real slow in the binding world.

I'll sit back and wait and see what the field tests show with regards to actual usability with that thing. Should be interesting..
I know they have a problem with the ratchets. I tried those ratchets myself & they tend to slide down on their own when your foot is out of the binding. Which means you have to adjust it everytime you try to get back in. They're not very adjustable. Other than that until they really hit the hill & get bashed around you won't know. That's alot of force that get's put on those bindings & lots of parts. We'll see.