PDA

View Full Version : Hood shiite

elex
07-12-2004, 12:14 PM
They just had a Burton contest at Hood for 3 days. These guys & some gals don't mind putting their lives at risk for our enjoyment. First day was huge 1/4 pipe(25' tall) Keir Dillon was getting 20' high McTwists,Terge did one footed mctwist,Travis Rice is a freakin video game he did a front flip & Andy Finch wants to die. I missed the half pipe,cold cloudy with a crappy pipe.Last day was the slopestyle,Rice easily won that one,he was the only one to hit the death gap rail & did a 7 grab double backflip.After the contest I watched Finch crash about as bad as you can,over shot the big jump while under rotating a frontflip.He landed face first & all that happen was that he split some blood out.I saw some of the worst crashes & it's amazing they can get up.The only problem I saw was that nobody moved the pads on top of the 1/4 pipe,so people wouldn't get wrecked.I saw guys hit the lip from 20' feet up then bounce another 30' to the bottom of the 1/4.That's not healthy.
We've done a few night shoots,which are alot of fun.Riding a 1/2 pipe at 8pm is a blast, it's cool to see your shadow in the pipe.Other than that,I've been busy with work & riding a bit everyday(not as much as I would like).No injuries,just pain.Tomorrow most of the team leaves,so we'll have some room in the house for once.I've been really impressed with the team,incredible riders & everybody hangs out together.I just wish we had some supermodel women riders.Way too many guys up here.When a girl does come over then it's a cockblock mecca.
e

LazyL
07-12-2004, 05:40 PM
Gosh darn, those wipeouts sound ghastly. I'm sure this is a dumb question, but, why is it those dudes and dudettes didn't get injured? Is there a method to the madness of eating it?

Friend of mine broke her foot stepping off a city curb. I broke mine in what shoulda been a harmless spill on snow.

Tell me the secrets of the masters.

(Glad you're having a hoot. Wish MMTH had night-riding. Let's see some pics. And, re: chicklet supplies: time to sponsor our own C-note, money-shot, Canaria!)

elex
07-13-2004, 09:01 AM
Gosh darn, those wipeouts sound ghastly. I'm sure this is a dumb question, but, why is it those dudes and dudettes didn't get injured? Is there a method to the madness of eating it?

Friend of mine broke her foot stepping off a city curb. I broke mine in what shoulda been a harmless spill on snow.

Tell me the secrets of the masters.

(Glad you're having a hoot. Wish MMTH had night-riding. Let's see some pics. And, re: chicklet supplies: time to sponsor our own C-note, money-shot, Canaria!)

They do get worked,but most of the riders are fairly small & any cushion from the snow helps alot.Say I hit Canuck with an alum bat,the damage would be alot less if I put 1" rubber sock around the bat.So any cushion from butt pads & the snow helps alot. We'll have product on Broform.com or a proform from the company.We all agree about having some grassroots programs for peeps who are on the hill alot.
e

NoKnees
07-22-2004, 08:33 AM
Sounds like a good time E... It'd be fun just kicking back watching the pro's abuse themselves like that. Only problem is they make it look too easy. At least they are nice enough to crash hard often enough to "keep it real"... Good times...