PDA

View Full Version : So, who is buying a season pass this year?...

Tantrum
07-09-2004, 09:12 AM
I just picked up the Colorado Pass (http://www.snow.com/info/coloradopass.asp) again this year for unlimited riding at A-Basin, Breck, and Keystone plus 10 days at Vail/Beaver Creek for $329. I am excited because our 6-year-old will be joining us on the slopes for the first time this year. Her pass only cost $129! Anybody else getting a pass?

LazyL
07-09-2004, 09:33 AM
Will your girl be skiing, or riding?

Got my Mammoth early-purchase pass. $400 or so, no restrictions, good at June Mtn., too. Of course, the price of gas kinda kills the deal...700 miles RT. Plus lodging.

You people who can day-trip to your mountains have it good! :cool:

Tantrum
07-09-2004, 09:39 AM
I married into money. The in-laws have a sweet mountain home in Summit County where I can roll out of bed and be on world-class slopes in an hour.:p

The little-one will be sking this year as the local hills won't teach snowboarding to kids under 8. I'm not sure why but it's cool as her Mom skis. She's getting pretty good if I must boast. Only 4 lessons and she was on the lift and riding the groomers with us. I am so proud!:D

Reverend SC
07-09-2004, 09:53 AM
Already got my 04/05 pass to Boreal, $199 unrestricted. It's a 2 hour trip, so I go every Saturday for day trips....

LazyL
07-09-2004, 02:39 PM
I married into money. The in-laws have a sweet mountain home in Summit County where I can roll out of bed and be on world-class slopes in an hour.:p

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, though. :cool: :D

LazyL
07-09-2004, 02:41 PM
Already got my 04/05 pass to Boreal, $199 unrestricted. It's a 2 hour trip, so I go every Saturday for day trips....

Two-hour trip is nothing! (Takes me six hours to get to MMTH -- little old lady behind the wheel.) Great price for the pass, too. Good on ya!

Why do I live in L.A. again? :rolleyes:

Tantrum
07-12-2004, 06:52 AM
Just envy me. :D

LazyL
07-12-2004, 05:24 PM
...I have breasts. You don't.

Q.E.D.

canuck
07-14-2004, 09:16 AM
you could fly to Vancouver and be at Whistler in less time?

hint hint

;)

Tantrum
07-14-2004, 10:24 AM
a sugar-daddy with a private plane and a slope-side crib. Or, you can take Canuck up on his offer and jet to the Great White North for some Whistler shananagins.;)

LazyL
07-15-2004, 05:23 PM
you could fly to Vancouver and be at Whistler in less time?

hint hint

;)

...since, as I recall, you have some sort of executive hook-up with fancy-pants lodging up on the mountain?

hint hint right back atcha

MARK
07-15-2004, 07:55 PM
Two-hour trip is nothing! (Takes me six hours to get to MMTH -- little old lady behind the wheel.) Great price for the pass, too. Good on ya!

Why do I live in L.A. again? :rolleyes:
I ride for free everywhere and 2 of the handful of resorts near me are under 45 minutes away :o Small catch though is that I live in the east :(

Tantrum
07-16-2004, 06:26 AM
Small catch though is that I live in the east :(a tough break.:p

NoKnees
07-22-2004, 08:46 AM
Dropped my $299 on a Kirkwood pass again.. May spring for a Heavenly one as well, but not sure. I'd rather have a second pass up in North Lake Tahoe instead, but they all still cost too much for where I prefer to go. Ah well... Guess I need to make sure I still have a job come winter season, then it won't be a big deal no matter what I decide... Details...

canuck
07-22-2004, 09:03 AM
I just picked up the Colorado Pass (http://www.snow.com/info/coloradopass.asp) again this year for unlimited riding at A-Basin, Breck, and Keystone plus 10 days at Vail/Beaver Creek for $329. I am excited because our 6-year-old will be joining us on the slopes for the first time this year. Her pass only cost $129! Anybody else getting a pass?

That's cool that you have finally found someone who you can keep up with....

;)

Tantrum
07-22-2004, 10:24 AM
on the slopes.:D A bit timid at times but is eager to learn. How about your little canucks? When will Jordan be on the slopes?

canuck
07-22-2004, 10:39 AM
I thought I'd get her out on skis this year, although my preference would be to go straight to a board....what do you think? She's just turning 4 on July 31st, so I won't be pushing her very hard!!

Tantrum
07-22-2004, 11:05 AM
was that the elder child was not to fond of the cold at 4 years old. Mrs. T and I let it go until she asked us to learn to ski. We then rented some skis for the season and first let her go down the in-laws driveway to get the feel. It's hard to teach the young-uns so we set her up with some lssons. About 5 lessons later she's at the head of the class and out with us on the slopes having a grand time.

The funny thing is that the local resorts won't let kids take snowboarding lessons until they are 8/9 years old. Nobody can give me a good reason but I suspect that it is because of the way kids (anyone really) falls while on a board: hands first. When on skis, the kids just crumple down softly to the ground. But on a board, when you catch that heel-side edge, you can get slammed to the ground pretty hard. I'm just happy to have her out with me.:D