PDA

View Full Version : Hey DrBunda

Reverend SC
07-02-2004, 07:49 AM
Did you ever take pics of that dining room table you made? I, for one, am still very interested in seeing what you created. I'm envious already, and I haven't even seen it, lol

NoKnees
07-02-2004, 11:36 AM
I'm envious as well... Especially since I just dropped $2k on one that my soon to be wife fell in love with. She's been wanting a nice dining room table for a long time now. Almost as much as a house. I figured the table would be cheaper at this point...

LazyL
07-02-2004, 12:14 PM
I'm envious as well... Especially since I just dropped $2k on one that my soon to be wife fell in love with. ...

What's the weight-bearing capability of that thing? ;)

(I use my lap in lieu of a table. Theoretical weight-bearing capacity of said lap is about 215#. Pssst, mehug.)

NoKnees
07-02-2004, 06:15 PM
Well, that was one of the considerations. It's built solid. You might even say it's of "good wood"....It's a table plus 8 chairs thus the price... Although, honestly we didn't pay all that for it. It was about $600 out of my pocket, the rest was covered by early wedding gifts from our folks...

After we give it a test drive I'll let you know how it rides.. It's built solid enough for dancing on as well. Party at our place!

TBone
07-06-2004, 08:24 AM
My dad, an excellent woodworker himself said it was very well constructed.

T

Reverend SC
07-06-2004, 08:40 AM
Thanks. By the way, does she subscribe to any woodworkers magazines? Do you know which ones she likes best? I'm looking at a bunch of them, trying to decide which to get....

TBone
07-06-2004, 10:26 AM
just Victoria's Secret. :( :)

She got the specs, etc. online somewhere.

T

TBone
07-06-2004, 10:26 AM
All the interior design shows on TV when she has a chance.

T