PDA

View Full Version : mmmm...ok, where was I?

Stine
06-11-2004, 08:34 PM
yes, I'm still alive. How is everyone? Haven't snowboarded in over 2 years. Haven't posted here or on MTBR in almost the same.

I was finally divorced on March 29th. I'm still getting dirty with the boyz cleaning and moving cars. Still going to night school too. Seems I'm leaning towards Psychology. Ain't that a kick. I'm now taking Abnormal Psyc. It's a crash summer session crammed into 6 weeks. Pretty difficult, but I'm hangin. So far, with 4 classes down, I'm a 3.75 grade point average student. Seems the old brain is still in there. I have to study longer than most, but whatever it takes, right? I'm going to take Sociology next, and then a class in Criminal Justice in the fall. I'm going to see how that goes and then decide on a career I guess.

As far as my health goes, well.... it kinda sucks at the moment. I haven't been able to ride my bike in over 9 months now because of this $hitass carpal tunnel and I can feel it.
*$#!@! HMO insurance. It is taking forever to get this surgery done. First, I was forced to change insurance "sites", so I had to change Doctors. Then they had to get all my records from the 3 Doctors that did all the tests. They've had the records now for over a week and still no referral to see a surgeon. sonofa*****. The cortisone shots worked for about 3 months, but now it's back just as bad again; waking me up at night every 2 hours. I'm so anxious for this surgery so I can get back to a somewhat normal existence! (patience is not one of my strong points).
But, I guess many more folk have a lot worse problems, so I'll shut up now.
:p

So how is everyone? I've been so busy I can't really spend much time on the computer anymore. Plus, it sort of makes my hands go numb.
I will try to respond over the weekend if anyone cares to share their last 2 years of news.

I've missed you guyzzz

MARK
06-12-2004, 06:38 AM
Hey Stine! Good to hear from you. Funny you should post now as I have some things I'm working through and for some reason you were one of the people that popped into my head to talk to concerning them. Give me a shout at marktoms@mindspring.com when you get a chance. Not sure if your email is still the same?

Coldcat
06-12-2004, 07:57 AM
My God, woman, it's so good to hear from you!! And you're still hangin'on!! You deserve a prize, no, three prizes, for best determined gal ever. and then one for keeping at it through all the bad luck you had. Maybe some people have more dire problems, sure, but there ain't many of them around here. You have all the right to let it all out.

I hope you will get that surgery soon, and that it will turn out well, so you can come online and chat with us and bike (and snowboard if wallet permits)
The news about the night class is great. I never doubted your brain :) You never should either, ya hear?

Cleaning and moving cars is your daytime job now? Does it get you through the days? Are the colleagues ok? (Did the divorce go well?)

My two years of news... well, I quit Snowplanet, and didn't come back to a similar job after (I tried, but I just couldn't find the enthousiasm anymore), but decided to follow my original course: be an artist. So now I'm working part time, have just enough bucks to pay my part of the housing-money, and four days a week to paint and draw. Sold seven pictures so far, which is better then I thought I would do at this (still very early) stage, so thats quite good. My work is evolving every day. I'm gonna get married to my girl this summer. :) :) (with a prenup, just in case you start screamin') and maybe buy a house for the both of us with room to make a working studio in.
It feels like: "look mom, I'm a real grown up now!"
I haven't snowboarded for over a year. I'm pining, pining, pining for it, but at the moment, a couple of indoor runs will just have to do.

I hope to see you over here, health permitting. Sue also checks this board every once in a while - she can log on now. I'll give her a head's up.

You go, girl!

CanariaChick
06-12-2004, 08:44 PM
That is great news to hear from you Stine and all the positive things that you have made happen in your life, obstacles like to get in the way, but you keep at it, you are doing fantastic at school! I hope you are proud of yourself. :)

Things are moving quite rapidly at my end too, will be in the Canary Islands in a few days... woohoo! :cool:

Will make an effort to report every now and then, you should do the same :p

DrBunda
06-14-2004, 06:09 AM
yes, I'm still alive. How is everyone? Haven't snowboarded in over 2 years. Haven't posted here or on MTBR in almost the same.

I was finally divorced on March 29th. I'm still getting dirty with the boyz cleaning and moving cars. Still going to night school too. Seems I'm leaning towards Psychology. Ain't that a kick. I'm now taking Abnormal Psyc. It's a crash summer session crammed into 6 weeks. Pretty difficult, but I'm hangin. So far, with 4 classes down, I'm a 3.75 grade point average student. Seems the old brain is still in there. I have to study longer than most, but whatever it takes, right? I'm going to take Sociology next, and then a class in Criminal Justice in the fall. I'm going to see how that goes and then decide on a career I guess.

As far as my health goes, well.... it kinda sucks at the moment. I haven't been able to ride my bike in over 9 months now because of this $hitass carpal tunnel and I can feel it.
*$#!@! HMO insurance. It is taking forever to get this surgery done. First, I was forced to change insurance "sites", so I had to change Doctors. Then they had to get all my records from the 3 Doctors that did all the tests. They've had the records now for over a week and still no referral to see a surgeon. sonofa*****. The cortisone shots worked for about 3 months, but now it's back just as bad again; waking me up at night every 2 hours. I'm so anxious for this surgery so I can get back to a somewhat normal existence! (patience is not one of my strong points).
But, I guess many more folk have a lot worse problems, so I'll shut up now.
:p

So how is everyone? I've been so busy I can't really spend much time on the computer anymore. Plus, it sort of makes my hands go numb.
I will try to respond over the weekend if anyone cares to share their last 2 years of news.

I've missed you guyzzz

STINE!!!!!!!!

Was so happy to see your post! What a great way to start off a Monday morning. Psychology eh? hehe..... if you need someone to talk to about your options in that field let me know - I'll be glad to chat. Just remember that a BA/BS in Psychology won't get you far.....might wanna think MS for that one. Just something to think about. I'm so proud of you and you should be proud of yourself as well. Aside from the slight health issues....sounds like things in your life are turning around and you have hung in there like a trooper!! We miss you round here!

Last two years of news: quit my job in Dallas, went back to GA to finish my PhD (one of the worst 9 months of my life!!), moved to Denver to be with T. After 6 months found a job in a small consulting firm that i still love. We got engaged on Apr. 2nd (plan to marry next June 2005), bought a house and got a dog :D . Things couldnt be better now.

Hope to see you out here in Denver one of these days....

Keep kicking butt in school! YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!

DrBunda
06-14-2004, 06:10 AM
That is great news to hear from you Stine and all the positive things that you have made happen in your life, obstacles like to get in the way, but you keep at it, you are doing fantastic at school! I hope you are proud of yourself. :)

Things are moving quite rapidly at my end too, will be in the Canary Islands in a few days... woohoo! :cool:

When do you leave for the Islands? How long will you be there?

I'm sure you've told us but I can't remember :confused:

Post some surfin' pics will ya?

canuck
06-14-2004, 07:50 AM
Hi Stine!

Good to see you around, sorry about the carpal tunnel, that sucks...

My big news is that I'm about to buy a sailboat!! Just have to find one first....it will be a Dragon class, will be kept out of the water (drysailed) and I already have a spot for it at the royal vancouver yacht club!

take care.
Canuck

Stine
06-16-2004, 04:31 PM
(with a prenup, just in case you start screamin') hahahahaha
You know me so well!
Congratulations anyway...hehe

I'm glad to hear you are following your dream, because it's a waste of life to do anything else.
:)
I
I'll try to pop in every now and then.

Stine
06-16-2004, 04:37 PM
;)
Well, congratulations to you also. Must be something in the water.

I'd love to come and visit someday. We're probably looking at about 5 or 6 years down the education road though. lol
When I'm making the big bucks, I'll travel boookooo and come see ya's.

STINE!!!!!!!!

Was so happy to see your post! What a great way to start off a Monday morning. Psychology eh? hehe..... if you need someone to talk to about your options in that field let me know - I'll be glad to chat. Just remember that a BA/BS in Psychology won't get you far.....might wanna think MS for that one. Just something to think about. I'm so proud of you and you should be proud of yourself as well. Aside from the slight health issues....sounds like things in your life are turning around and you have hung in there like a trooper!! We miss you round here!

Last two years of news: quit my job in Dallas, went back to GA to finish my PhD (one of the worst 9 months of my life!!), moved to Denver to be with T. After 6 months found a job in a small consulting firm that i still love. We got engaged on Apr. 2nd (plan to marry next June 2005), bought a house and got a dog :D . Things couldnt be better now.

Hope to see you out here in Denver one of these days....

Keep kicking butt in school! YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!

Stine
06-16-2004, 04:42 PM

I just don't know WHERE exactly yet. LOL
I guess I am a little proud of myself. Proud mostly that I haven't caved totally in.
;)
Good luck on your move and maybe someday I'll visit you in the islands!
(ooooo, that sounds so jet-setty)

Stine
06-16-2004, 04:54 PM
Hi Stine!

Good to see you around, sorry about the carpal tunnel, that sucks...

My big news is that I'm about to buy a sailboat!! Just have to find one first....it will be a Dragon class, will be kept out of the water (drysailed) and I already have a spot for it at the royal vancouver yacht club!

take care.
Canuck

;)
How could an old salt like myself not know what the hell you are talking about? As you probably know, I grew up sailing, and I've never heard of any such thing?! Doesn't sound as much fun as the water type though. hehee
I miss sailing A LOT. Here's a picture for your viewing pleasure.
:D

Coldcat
06-16-2004, 11:38 PM
(Variation on: I am sailing...I am sailing.........you don't need jet setty money if you ever come to Holland, you can couch crash at my polace anytime. And I'll take you sailing on a boat very similar to the one in your pic - a picture that tells a lot about you and your dad btw -)

So you saw through the new screen name. Good. And about following dreams and such: isn't that the whole point in 'you go!'? Trust me, NOBODY here knows where he/she is going, but we all know in our gut we need to get going.
So go, go go! And check back when ever you feel like you know where, and please, whenevr you feel like you don't, check back also

Wishin'ya oodles of luck

(with a prenup, just in case you start screamin') hahahahaha
You know me so well!
Congratulations anyway...hehe

I'm glad to hear you are following your dream, because it's a waste of life to do anything else.
:)
I
I'll try to pop in every now and then.

canuck
06-21-2004, 08:42 AM
drysailed means that the boat is kept out of the water and has to be lowered in by crane each time you use it....

cute pic!!

NoKnees
06-21-2004, 11:37 AM
I liked the image of it being on wheels and you taking it out to the salt flats for fun... Oh well.. I knew what you meant.. I'm thinking it'll stay healthier drysailed as well.. Asuming you don't trash it with the cranes, etc.. Oops, dropped it.. :)

I'll stick to my sea kayaking. Little bit cheaper...

twinkie
06-21-2004, 03:50 PM
but i wanted to say hi. i bet you are a pro w/crash courses and will be brilliant in abnormal psych as well as w/anything you else you decide to do w/yourself. i hope your health improves, but it sounds like you are doing great in other areas of your life. nice to hear from you!

oh yeah and i too have gone back to school. i moved to philly, finished my first year and am now moving back to denver (thank goodness - i miss my boyfriend and my friends there & this humidity is so not me). soooo..... it's tough to get back in the mindset of schoolwork, but good luck (not like you need it!)

TBone
06-22-2004, 12:48 PM
School sounds like it's going great! That's awesome news! Keep it up!

Glad to hear the divorce is finalized now. Hopefully you'll be able to put that all behind you and move on.

Sorry to hear about the carpaltunnel! That really blows Stiner! You've had one thing after the other, but big kudos for keeping on keeping on.

Good to hear from you friend.

T