PDA

View Full Version : I caught a FISH!!!!!!!!

DrBunda
06-10-2004, 07:36 AM
So......TBone and I have started to go fishing on a regular basis. It's fun....plus we both love to eat fish and this way we can eat for FREE :D .

So there we are, my second trip and his third. He's caught about 6 small bass that he has to throw back in (not big enough to keep). And I'm just hanging out thinking.....when the hell and I going to catch ANYTHING?! And then it happened.....a BITE! I'm yelling....Terry! Terry! Come quick!! Then I see it.......A RAINBOW TROUT!!!! 13 inches. It was SO EXCITING. My FIRST FISH! A KEEPER!

We ate it a couple days later - it was so delicious. We did an Almond Crusted recipe and made Hush Puppies to go along with it. It was awesome.

Check it out!

canuck
06-10-2004, 07:43 AM
cool! but aren't "hush puppies" a type of shoe?

you've never heard of rice?

:D

DrBunda
06-10-2004, 07:58 AM
Dude -- i LOOOOOOOOOOOVE Hush Puppies. Could have eaten just that for a meal :).

We were having rice for dinner and wanted to try something new! Neither T or I had ever deep fried anything before. We got the recipe from a new FISH cookbook he bought -- how to clean, how to fillet, and susbsequently how to cook all different types of fish. It also includes side dishes so we went with that!

I think it IS a type of shoe though....... Who would name a shoe after a food?????? Can you imagine buying "WONTON" shoes?? LOL

Tantrum
06-10-2004, 08:27 AM
And the fish ain't bad either!:D Where did you catch it, the CC res? Were you sporting those cool hip waders or were you in a boat? It'd be fun to use one of those floats so you can cruise the lake and go to where the fish are.

DrBunda
06-10-2004, 09:15 AM
Thanks T!!

We got that one at Quincy Reservoir. We're working on getting a park license or something so that we can go to CC Res and some other Res that would be covered under the same license. We bought an annual license at Quincy as well.

No boat, no cool hip waders, just plain ole fashioned stand on the stones near the edge and go for it :). I've seen people in those cool little floats -- wonder how much more fish they catch?

Tantrum
06-10-2004, 09:34 AM
but they sure look cool.:cool: Plus, I bet you are quite a few degrees cooler than those poor shore fisherpersons.
http://fog.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p832702dt.jpg

DrBunda
06-10-2004, 09:40 AM
now THAT is cool :)

Course T wouldnt go for that since he likes to change his lure like every 20 minutes. Cracks me up. He spends just as much time fishing as he does changing his lures.

Tantrum
06-10-2004, 09:48 AM
he starts to make his own lures. Then he's hooked!:rolleyes: Had to get that in.

canuck
06-10-2004, 09:57 AM
I have one of those, but of course I only flyfish (nose up in air)....

they have one major drawback that I'm surprised you didn't figure out....when you have to go pee.....you have to go ashore

Tantrum
06-10-2004, 10:14 AM
catheter can't fix. Or, if you're really cold you could...:eek:

DrBunda
06-10-2004, 11:26 AM
LOL. Exactly what i was thinking........ ;)

LazyL
06-10-2004, 11:55 AM
I have one of those, but of course I only flyfish (nose up in air)....

they have one major drawback that I'm surprised you didn't figure out....when you have to go pee.....you have to go ashore

Do you make the skipper turn the boat around and take you back to dock when you have to go Number One? Pffft!

Just jump in the water and pee! It's not like the fish go ashore to wee-wee or anything.

CanariaChick
06-10-2004, 11:58 AM
I nearly went wee-wee laughing so hard... :D

LazyL
06-10-2004, 12:05 PM
...goldfish crackers, that is. Mmm!

Love the contrast of your girlie nails and that big ol' trout.

Was the meal served on your newly-built dining table? :cool:

DrBunda
06-10-2004, 01:18 PM
hehe.......

Would have been served on the new table, but it was still drying. in fact, T is putting the second coat on it tonight. Should be usable as of this weekend!! I'll post pics when its done :)

canuck
06-10-2004, 01:48 PM
and you call yourself a fisher-person, er folk, er whatever....you have to wear neoprene chest waders and swim fins in those things, making it next to impossible to go pee without filling up with water, so to speak....

twinkie
06-10-2004, 01:54 PM
So......TBone and I have started to go fishing on a regular basis. It's fun....plus we both love to eat fish and this way we can eat for FREE :D .

So there we are, my second trip and his third. He's caught about 6 small bass that he has to throw back in (not big enough to keep). And I'm just hanging out thinking.....when the hell and I going to catch ANYTHING?! And then it happened.....a BITE! I'm yelling....Terry! Terry! Come quick!! Then I see it.......A RAINBOW TROUT!!!! 13 inches. It was SO EXCITING. My FIRST FISH! A KEEPER!

We ate it a couple days later - it was so delicious. We did an Almond Crusted recipe and made Hush Puppies to go along with it. It was awesome.

Check it out!

Well, it sounds purty tasty. Congrats! You're a natural!

I just remembered this one time when I was six and I was fishing w/my older sister, and I got so mad that I wasn't catching a fish, that I threw my pole in the water. Man, I was a heinous kid!

canuck
06-10-2004, 02:40 PM
I remember I threw my pole in the water once too...

ah...forget it, the joke is just not going to work

NoKnees
06-11-2004, 09:20 AM
and your pole shrunk, eh? Yah, best avoid that one..

Anyway, I still owe you guys a pick of that little trout and hooked in N.Z. a few years back. Have to bug my cousin about that when I see him this weekend...

I think fishing fits into my "okay to do physical activities list" so I'll have to go out and do that... How's Salmon fishing off the Pacific in a 9ft sit-on-top kayak sound? I'll try to get some pictures... Good stuff..

canuck
06-14-2004, 08:49 AM
check out this trout!!

they apparently released it because it's a "spawner", but 6 lbs of fighting Canadian rainbow!

DrBunda
06-14-2004, 10:09 AM
Holy Crap!!

What's a spawner anyways?? I'm just beginning to learn all the fish lingo ;).

canuck
06-14-2004, 10:16 AM
Well Doc,
when fish get close to egg laying time their physical appearance changes, they get darker colouring and in this case, appear to be crammed full of eggs...

The thing looks like a football!?!

DrBunda
06-14-2004, 11:35 AM
I was wondering why it looked so bloated!! LOL!!!

Thanks for the learning lesson. See....learn something new everyday. I think I should be able to go home now since I've already learned my new thing for today ;).

canuck
06-15-2004, 07:51 AM
..and this is the lake it calls home...

sweet huh? There is literally no development except for 2 or 3 rustic "fishing camps" on the entire lake...

LazyL
06-15-2004, 09:12 AM
..and this is the lake it calls home...

sweet huh? There is literally no development except for 2 or 3 rustic "fishing camps" on the entire lake...

That is some gorgeous scenery. Where exactly is it?

NoKnees
06-15-2004, 11:38 AM
Sweet looking home... Look at all them tree.. Can build some nice log cabins along the shore with those.. :) j/k... Nice to see places well preserved still..

DrBunda
06-15-2004, 12:30 PM
WOW! That is a postcard.

Awesome awesome.

Where is that?

canuck
06-15-2004, 01:25 PM
look at the map and find Cache Creek, about an hours drive from there......

maybe we should plan a fishing trip huh??!!

canuck
06-15-2004, 01:26 PM
oh, this was the biggest photo I was allowed to post...I think they're running out of money here

DrBunda
06-16-2004, 09:22 AM
lol. yeah, i couldnt really read anything on that map.

I'd LOVE to plan a fishing trip! How fun! That place looks amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing....

mgdriven
02-22-2009, 09:33 AM
I love to fish on a kayak. I can get my kayak into those places that a regular boat can't get it. Sometimes I go dive hunting. Look what I caught:
http://saturninflatablekayaks.com/images/CATFISH.jpg

Aaron09
02-22-2009, 04:50 PM
Love to have a log cabin there!

wollofon
03-18-2009, 04:01 PM
I love to fish on a kayak. I can get my kayak into those places that a regular boat can't get it. Sometimes I go dive hunting. Look what I caught:
http://saturninflatablekayaks.com/images/CATFISH.jpg

Oo my God..that is BIG FISH i ever seen..You are great man..:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Where did you get that?

clarkhopes
11-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Well DrBinda
Fishing is my passion. I have caught more than 400 fishes from Ponds and rivers.Thanks for sharing forum about fishing.In holidays i used to go far from my location and come with more than 10-12 fishes . at evening we do party with our fishes and cold beer.

manus
11-23-2009, 12:39 AM
I think fishing fits into my "okay to do physical activities list" so I'll have to go out and do that... How's Salmon fishing off the Pacific in a 9ft sit-on-top kayak sound? I'll try to get some pictures... Good stuff..