PDA

View Full Version : The call came on Friday

CanariaChick
02-12-2004, 12:40 AM
Ms. R, my partner in crime for the weekend, and voice of Stevens' snow phone, was on her way to pick me up, cram our gear in her car, and head to Mt. Baker for the 20th Legendary Banked Slalom, Yeehaw!!

Well, several yeehaws, cds and gas stations later, we got there. A party was going down at Tex' place, but I knew my hostess was racing the next day and it would be rude to stumble in the middle of the night, knocking down prep'd boards, and what not, so I diligently drove past party-central and into my loft bed :eek:

Saturday morning we got to the hill pretty early, did a couple of warm up runs, watched/cheered/photographed my friend during her run, and then we all took off to Baker's legendary backcountry where we had perma-grin inducing powder shots, nice drops, chutes, and more memories for the rocking chair test.

In the afternoon there was a collective case of deja vu, and the Retro race got started, with 17 racers rocking gear from once-back-when, remember the fluorescent pink outfits, the swallow tails, no high backs, jeans... let me tell you, this race had the whole mountain hollering like crazy, hillarious!

CanariaChick
02-12-2004, 01:27 AM
It was almost 4:20 and Ms. R and I headed to her vehicle to conduct our daily prayers. There we were, in faithful meditation when, out of the corner of my eye, a middle aged tacky skier, begun to look more and more like an undercover cop. No sooner had I opened my lips to say pig, when I realized the car looked straight out of a Cheech&Chon movie... Ms. R got busted with the praying beads, and given the handcuff treatment, her comment: The only time I've been handcuffed before, it was the furry kind. Luckily, this is Whatcom, so they only had one pair, I had to keep my hands over the hood during the search. I wasn't stressing 'cause I didn't have anything, Ms. R is a charming beauty, and you would have laughed too if you saw Scotty Witlake's face.

So enough of that, Ms. R got a ticket, we still had time for a couple of runs, and we had to shake the shock. When the lifts closed, the bonfire, the salmon, and the beer were flowing, and chatting with new and old friends made all the worries dissapear, a good hot tubing session afterwards, and like nothing ever happened!

Ripzalot
02-12-2004, 03:32 AM
4:20, huh? A little early for meditation, isn't it? ;)

LazyL
02-12-2004, 08:38 AM
mmm, a good hot tubing...that'll take your mind off your troubles, all right! ;)

canuck
02-12-2004, 08:50 AM
mmm, a good hot tubing...that'll take your mind off your troubles, all right! ;)

I can't believe you wrote that!! you rock girl!

;)

canuck
02-12-2004, 08:59 AM
It was almost 4:20 and Ms. R and I headed to her vehicle to conduct our daily prayers. There we were, in faithful meditation when, out of the corner of my eye, a middle aged tacky skier, begun to look more and more like an undercover cop. No sooner had I opened my lips to say pig, when I realized the car looked straight out of a Cheech&Chon movie... Ms. R got busted with the praying beads, and given the handcuff treatment, her comment: The only time I've been handcuffed before, it was the furry kind. Luckily, this is Whatcom, so they only had one pair, I had to keep my hands over the hood during the search. I wasn't stressing 'cause I didn't have anything, Ms. R is a charming beauty, and you would have laughed too if you saw Scotty Witlake's face.

So enough of that, Ms. R got a ticket, we still had time for a couple of runs, and we had to shake the shock. When the lifts closed, the bonfire, the salmon, and the beer were flowing, and chatting with new and old friends made all the worries dissapear, a good hot tubing session afterwards, and like nothing ever happened!

So, is Ms R cute? Any piccys?

;)

CanariaChick
02-12-2004, 12:21 PM
One of them gurls at the DiscoTeepe...