PDA

View Full Version : non snowboarding related pics

Coldcat
06-06-2004, 03:35 AM
...but definately car-related, and I have come to understand that holds some importance too, on this board.

Went to my dad's this weekend, and my two brothers were there too. One of them, the red haired giant one, is a theatre décor designer (I dunno whatdayacallems in english?) and in his spare time he rebuilt an old seventies mercedes ambulance. Bought two wrecks, used the good parts to make one good (read: moving) one. The only thing left is the paint job. One wreck was purple, the other white, so his new car is purple clad with white doors. He doesn't know yet what colour to use. (Any suggestions?)

Coldcat
06-06-2004, 03:40 AM
on the other end of the spectrum, another (step)brother bought this car:

tinier than tiniest, the famous cinquecento is smaller than the oldfashioned mini, but trust me, the ones with an open roof still accomodate a surfboard! (well... barely) and they are the only cars in the world that fit between the little poles that litter Amsterdam city, so you're never short of parking space. Which is, in Amsterdam, a priceless asset. (Just make sure you do pay for a parking ticket, otherwise the police will take your car under his arm and walk away with it...)

Coldcat
06-06-2004, 03:44 AM
And last but not least pictures from my dad's AWESOME house. (Canuck...are you drooling already?) I think the only thing this house lacks, is a snowcovered mountain within an hour's drive. Thats the only flaw it has. For the rest, it's just goddamn perfection.........

canuck
06-07-2004, 08:21 AM
yes, the cars are cool (although the ambulance is a bit hearse-like no?) but the house is awesome!!! We don't have brick here...almost all wood...

Tantrum
06-07-2004, 09:45 AM
I'm with Canuck that the MB ambulance is a bit macabre but the mini-mini is sweet. Just don't want to meet an SUV unexpectedly:eek: . The house looks great. I like that style of architecture with the vines, etc. We have that style of house here in Boulder CO but you'd pay greater than a million bucks for it:eek: .

CanariaChick
06-07-2004, 02:24 PM
I just can't quite put my finger on what's hotter: your hip brother, or your parents' gardening :D

Awesome shots Marije, looks like you got one super-duper-cool family! (but we already knew that, what else could explain you?!) :)

LazyL
06-07-2004, 02:35 PM
I just can't quite put my finger on what's hotter: your hip brother, or your parents' gardening :D

Hmm, looks a little stuffy in that ambulance. Maybe he needs some mouth-to-mouth resuscitation? :o <--smooch face

mehugtree
06-07-2004, 04:53 PM
man, love that tinie-tiny. nice spread too!!

here's some other non-snowboarding related (coming from me, go figure) pictures taken by some semi-pro photo dude at one of our cookouts at my crib.

http://www.manunderstress.com/pix/2004/sweetwater/index.php?dir=&start=20

starting from the dog (gracie, roommate's dog) under the table on...

-mht

Tantrum
06-08-2004, 09:02 AM
The pic of the woman throwing the frisbee was great. Lots of concentration on her face.

Glad to see you included the locals:
http://www.manunderstress.com/pix/2004/sweetwater/0236.jpg

LazyL
06-08-2004, 10:56 AM
And the digs aren't too shabby, either. ;)

Love the broken board gallery.

And the pic of you shushing the fire.

CanariaChick
06-08-2004, 01:16 PM
by the fire.
http://www.manunderstress.com/pix/2004/sweetwater/0376.jpg

I love his Samuel Adams/Founding Fathers style brew cup, is that a family heirloom? However, after a quick glimpse at the refrigerator, I would be scared of drinking anything that spent more than 3 seconds in it. :D

canuck
06-08-2004, 01:22 PM
Yes, but upon closer examination you will notice that they are all carefully keeping their eyes away from mehug's direction, whereas he is looking up in the hopes that they will look towards him. My theory is that he has either, a) just made a comment in extremely poor taste, or b) passed gas

Since the probabilities of mehug making a comment per a) are extremely high (100% certainty +/- .000000000001%) I would have to go with the flatulence hypothesis.

ok, I have to work now

Tantrum
06-08-2004, 01:33 PM
A and B are not mutually exclusive so I bet it's A and B.:)

Coldcat
06-08-2004, 10:57 PM
I know exactly what you gals will think is hotter!

About 1.97 (meters) tall, well developed body(not to mention specific parts), blond, with a haakon likeness, cool tatoo on his back, snowboarding(my favourite riding buddy), longboarding, surfing dude, who is a sound/ music/ studio engineer for work and makes ambient house music for a passion, dj's for some extra bucks, with a big, soft heart and a one bedroom place in the middle of Amsterdam.

Well, aren't you lucky, it just so happens he's up for grabs! Needs a strong lady to oppose him. I fully expect Canaria to detour via Schiphol airport now
:D :D :D

Coldcat
06-08-2004, 11:01 PM
Cool place! (cool car!) Nice boardgallery! Must hold some stories...
Funny so much houses over there are wood: if we'd build in wood here in Holland, a house wouldn't last longer then 20 years. Too frikkin' humid.
My dad bought this house 24 years ago, in the middle of the recession. It was affordable then. Now nothing is.

As for the fiat cinquecento meeting a SUV: it will fit under a SUV nicely, probably the only thing that will happen is the fiat scratching it's roof! (If my brother drives it, he needs to open up the roof so he can put his head through. No speeding!!!
:D :D :D

CanariaChick
06-09-2004, 09:33 AM
...alas my luck, I am subscribed to the art gallery theory "you can look but not touch". In 2 weeks, I will be celebrating 9 years of marriage! :eek: In a recent conversation with a male friend who just got married last spring, he confessed that the hardest part of marriage was the whole monogamous for life deal :rolleyes: (no sh!t genius, cry me a river). Although all things considered, I can certainly say I get more and better sex now than when I was single, who would have guessed? :D

LazyL
06-09-2004, 12:38 PM
I'm talking about mehug, of course.

Oops, just let my secret crush out of the bag! :o

...alas my luck, I am subscribed to the art gallery theory "you can look but not touch".

Fine in theory, but in practice, I'm more of a "touch, but don't look" girl. I mean, they all look the same in the dark, right? :eek: ;) :D