PDA

View Full Version : Random Q"s

Snow_Killer
06-03-2004, 01:16 AM
1.Which do you think is better? :rolleyes:

*Snowboarding

*Sking

2. What is your badest bail?

3.What is your favourite snowboarding brand?

4. If you could be a snowboarder who would you be?

NoKnees
06-03-2004, 07:06 AM
BTW, where in N.Z. are you from S.K.? I have a cousin living 'round Hamilton working at the Univ. there..

1. For me, snowboarding. Easier on my body. Skiing is still a blast though.

2. Season before last. Closing day at Kirkwood. Tried a basic indie style air onto the face of the Wall. Landed a little across the hill in someone else's bomb hole and went over backwards down the face. About 5 flips and 100 ft later came to a stop. No damage. Just a ton of snow up the nose, mouth, and ears... Had a full audience too. Good times..

3. Any brand that'll give me equipment for free... :) So, I'm currently waiting for a new fav. brand... Actually like Donek as a brand, even if they aren't currently my fav. boards to ride. Just a preference thing.. Good guys run that company..

4. Terje H... They guy only rides +-20 days a year these days and is still one of the top boarders in the world. He's a stud..

Snow_Killer
06-03-2004, 11:56 AM
Auckland, but i travel. The snow an't the best but any snows good as long as it's ridable any wayz schools up matez gtg

Laters ***Snow_Killer*** :D

elex
06-04-2004, 07:15 AM

*Snowboarding

*Sking

1)Snowboarding,cause I know how.My old skier buddies absolutely kill it,so I appreciate skiing.
2)So many choices; First one was at Hood in summer of 97. I hit one of the big hollywood booters & halfway thru my rotation I realized I'm going to overshoot the landing. I blew out both shoulders,concussion,broken bindings,sprang both ankles & broke my bugs bunny watch.The next day my buddy got airlifted out when he overshot it. The next one was when I got caught in an avalanche,was able to exit out the side but into an area that got scraped by the avalanche.I just remember skipping down blue ice then off a small cliff band.No injuries,but scary.
3)Mine
4)I think Terje,all he does is play soccer & ride powder

Reverend SC
06-04-2004, 08:40 AM
1) Snowboarding
2) Separated shoudler on a stupid funbox at Alpine on an icy day. Bad appraoch, poor decision. Shoulda steered clear and tried it again.
3) Mervin and Ride
4) I am a snowboarder :D

canuck
06-04-2004, 10:22 AM

*Snowboarding

*Sking

Ok I'll play

1. Snowboarding -done the skiing thing
2. first day...caught backside edge and slammed back of head onto ice..boom
3. e's, even though I have no idea if they are good. Fed up with all the hype. My boards are both burtons however :rolleyes:
4. Tara Dakides -she can skate, surf and ride way better than I ever will

Coldcat
06-04-2004, 11:51 AM
1) Snowboarding.....dûh! Skiing is fun, snowboarding is pure passion. Actually, skiing is like loving men, snowboarding is... you get the idea.

2) baddest bail... loosing an edge just above a cliff band and shooting down it blind, not knowing how big, how far, or even if there was a landing. There WAS a landing. So maybe that doesn't count as a bail. Coming off the summer kicker in the indoor slope (15ms long: the kicker I mean) and landing just a bit too far on the left, where there was no landing anymore, just snow debris. Ouch. I have had nothing really bad so far though.

3) I dont know. I've ridden Burton for a long time, and like their boards a lot, but I have been on a Salomon and a duotone and I liked those too. I am currently without brand. :(

4) As the dear reverend said: I am a snowboarder. I'd like to be me with a place up in the mountains though. That would be perfection. (or at least as much perfection as I choose to covet) (On a sidenote: Jamie Lynn is my hero: he leads the ultimate life. Snowboarding, designing his own snowboards, having a house near mountains and waves with a skate pool, and painting. That is just rad!)

CanariaChick
06-04-2004, 12:47 PM
*Snowboarding
*Sking

1. In my very biased opinion, I would have to say Snowboarding.
2. Like E, I have multiple choices from which to draw my selection, the most recent would have to be a double kinked rail bail, pretty gnarly, looked histerical on the DVD, or maybe the 25' cliff I landed on my head? or the terrain park collision 10 years ago that left me paralyzed for over a month? ... humm, I could probably remember more if it were not for all the concussions... :confused:
3. I am an equal opportunity swag receiver, if it's free, I'll take it and like it, thankyouverymuch!
4. Me. I fuc#ing rock. :D

LOL!

I'm in an awesome mood today, it's Friday and my new kite setup has arrived in the mail, feel like a kid on Christmas day. :)
http://www.bestinvenice.com/photo/kitesurf/34.jpg

CanariaChick
06-04-2004, 12:59 PM
A couple for Canuck. :D Have a nice weekend everyone!

http://www.bestinvenice.com/photo/kitesurf/19.jpg

http://www.bestinvenice.com/photo/kitesurf/11.jpg

http://www.bestinvenice.com/photo/kitesurf/38.jpg

canuck
06-04-2004, 01:38 PM
Wow, that photo could be heaven if that were only you swimming!!!

;)

CanariaChick
06-04-2004, 02:05 PM
albeit with some modifications, as in:
Wow, that photo could be heaven if that were only my kite instructor!!!

;)

Coldcat
06-06-2004, 01:42 AM
Whaddaya mean?
ISN'T that Canaria swimming????
I can tell it isn't Canuck ripping though! :p :p :p

(ahh..I'm a mean lil' *****, and I love it...)