PDA

View Full Version : hiya passionites

twinkie
05-30-2004, 04:59 PM
checking in now that i have more free time - just took a 2 week vacation here in philly...read 3 books and i think i may have slept like 12 hours every day! i start my summer internship tuesday, but get this - it's 9-5! sounds pretty dang manageable to me!

so i have been catching up on the latest posts: canuck, congrats on your new yuppie ride. bunda - geez - you have so much going on i can't keep up, but hooray for the upcoming wedding and new job! what are you doing? where are you and T living? canaria - are you going to paradise permanently or just for a vaca? and noknees, noknees, noknees....you are the elvis in those pics?! scandalous! they don't call it sin city for nuthin'.

good news is i am moving back to denver at the beginning of aug. i have been "provisionally accepted" to the university of denver (contingent upon my getting a "c" average after my 2nd semester grades). i am very excited to be coming back!!! we live about mile from the school, so i think i will trade up the mountain bike for a city ride...i am thinking a beach cruiser type w/a basket and bell, even though i don't live anywhere near the beach. i have been spoiled by living in philly w/out a car and want to continue driving as little as possible - the curbs of denver will thank me, anyway.

second set of good news is that i am going to macedonia in a week and half to meet my new niece (4 months), the first baby among my siblings! i will also get to meet my bro's wife, and actually spend time w/my brother, who i haven't seen in like 3 years. i am very excited about this.

hope everyone had a great season well and that you're all enjoying the start of summer!

canuck
05-31-2004, 09:10 AM
Hi Twinkie!!!!

Glad to hear you've been "spoiled by living in philly"!!!
Sounds pretty darn near impossible (think" just had a wonderful summer vacation in hell")
but glad it works for you!

LazyL
06-01-2004, 02:25 PM
Macedonia? Where the heck is that? Somewhere outside Pittsburgh? ;)

Gotta love those vacation days after a brutal school semester. I remember those marathon sleep-fests after finals.

Congrats on the pending move back West. I think you should skip getting a car, and get a pony instead. That'd be so bad-ass: riding a pony to law school!

Whatchoo reading these days? Last book I was able to get through was by that infamous hacker guy, Kevin Mitnick. Social engineering is amazing stuff.

Nice to see a post from you. You gotta post more often to help balance the testosterone-to-estrogen ratio around here. After all, Dr. Bunda, Canaria, canuck and I can't do it on our own. ;)

Reverend SC
06-01-2004, 02:51 PM
You gotta post more often to help balance the testosterone-to-estrogen ratio around here. After all, Dr. Bunda, Canaria, canuck and I can't do it on our own. ;)

BURN!

DrBunda
06-03-2004, 05:51 AM
Hi Twinkie!! So happy to hear you are moving back! Maybe we'll finally get to hang out one of these days ;).

T and I are living near Araphoe and Holly. I absolutely love the area.

Definitely drop a line when you can and keep us posted on your new internship and summer activities out there.

Tantrum
06-03-2004, 08:19 AM
Congrats on the DU front. A "C" should be no problem, no? And great news on the new niece. I hear Macedonia is great this time of year.:D