PDA

View Full Version : A followup to "What car you drive" threads...

NoKnees
05-26-2004, 01:18 PM
BERLIN (Reuters) - Don't trust a man with a fast car. (or a woman in an audi)

Porsche drivers are less faithful than any other group of car owners, with almost 50 percent of them cheating on their partners, a survey published in German magazine "Men's Car" has revealed.

Among German men, Porsche drivers were the least faithful, with 49 percent admitting infidelity, followed by BMW drivers at 46 percent. Among women, Audi drivers were the least reliable, 41 percent admitting to affairs.

The most faithful group were owners of Opel-Vauxhall cars, with only 31 percent of male and 28 percent of female drivers in Germany having committed adultery. The survey was carried out by Hamburg-based opinion poll institute Gewis, which questioned 2,253 male and female drivers aged 20 to 50. The results follow similar findings from the same magazine showing that male BMW drivers had the most sex.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

What struck me was that in the lowest class of cars, it's still 31 and 28 percent of males and females committing adultry. Hmmm...

DrBunda
05-27-2004, 06:02 AM
I noticed that too before I read what you wrote! Very sad........

canuck
05-27-2004, 10:17 AM
hmm.....I'll certainly be paying more attention to women driving Audis from now on....

:o

elex
05-27-2004, 12:40 PM
I'm thinking of joining the Audi forum. I wish I had the chance to cheat.Kiddin!
LeTCH

LazyL
05-27-2004, 02:38 PM
I noticed that too before I read what you wrote! Very sad........

...maybe an indication that monogamous relationships aren't the way to go for a certain segment of the population?

Listen, I'm not polyamorous or polygamous myself, but at some point, you gotta look at those stats and say, hmm...

Though, of course, if someone who isn't into monogamy enters into such a relationship, they're kind of an ass? :confused:

Thoughts?

canuck
05-27-2004, 03:04 PM
my thoughts are that for the majority of men, monogamy goes against basic reproductive instincts (knock up as many as you can) whereas women are genetically programmed to search out partners to care for offspring and be "providers"

I think most guys need to consciously repress those "wild oats" instincts and some guys have weak "repression" muscles?

honest no?

-of course I myself love women too much to even consider cheating...hence the volvo

LazyL
05-27-2004, 03:19 PM
my thoughts are that for the majority of men, monogamy goes against basic reproductive instincts (knock up as many as you can) whereas women are genetically programmed to search out partners to care for offspring and be "providers"

I think most guys need to consciously repress those "wild oats" instincts and some guys have weak "repression" muscles?

honest no?

-of course I myself love women too much to even consider cheating...hence the volvo

Honesty is always more interesting than do-goody answers.

So, I'll be honest in return. Because I don't have that reproductive urge, monogamy doesn't really factor in. Sex is fun and intense, but it doesn't have that "bonding" element for me. I know enough gals in my same boat that the whole procreation/reproduction model falls apart.

I don't discount the Darwinian explanation you've presented at all, though, for those who do in fact want to reproduce. We see it aplenty in other species.